Looking to buy a quad, need help. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 08:16 PM
DEK196

Looking to buy a quad, need help.

Hi, I will give you a little history. I am a expert/semi pro desert motorcycle racer, I race in socal and I have a motorhome and enclosed trailer setup. I usually take out from 4 to 5 bikes and no quads. I would like to buy a quad for trail riding, towing possibly, cooler transporter, pit bike, night rides, gas delivery, just plain fun etc... As you can see I have a wide variety of uses planned. I have a background of three wheelers as a kid, but little experience with quads. I usually ride Hondas only but I will be open to suggestions. I am currently looking at the LTZ400, the 400EX, a 2001 Raptor 660 still new, a warrior 350, a 250EX and possibly a Polaris. I want liquid cooled but thats not the most important issue, I need reverse, electric start, racks(aftermarket is ok) and as light as possible. Power is not an issue too much is ok, not enough is not ok. I am done rambling please let me know your thoughts. Thanks, Donnie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 08:48 PM
mickey05

Re: Looking to buy a quad, need help.

I've been courious about the kazuma 150 or 250 have you checked them out
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 09:43 PM
DEK196

My neighbor has the yamoto 110, he said he would sell it for 500, but it is small and not a "major brand" I am willing to spend around 4k if I can find the right fit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 02:47 PM

If you can't pronounce the name, it may not be a great idea.

The Suzuki LTZ is a great quad for anyone. Their power is real linear, they have a ton of parts available aftermarket (racks, ETC), and can be opened up to really run.

Sounds like what you want.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 08:17 PM

Hello,
I may be wrong but I don't think any of those have racks for hauling; I guess they'd be ok if you towed everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode