2003 KFX400 - Starting Problems
My 2003 Kawasaki KFX400 died while riding and will not start again. It just backfired a couple of times, died, and would not stay running when re-started. Now it will not start at all.
I have trouble-shooted to the best of my ability. This is what I have discovered thus far:
1) The spark plug will not produce a spark.
2) The starter relay does switch over.
3) The black and white wire running to the ignition coil does not produce any voltage (checked with the multi-meter).
4) The same wire does point-to-point from the starter relay to the ignition coil.
5) The problem is not the relay because I hooked up a friend's starter relay, and still no spark at the spark plug.
6) My bike does have a kill switch, but I disconnected it from the ignition coil loop, and still no spark.
7) Its not the spark plug, because again I am receieving no voltage from the coil to the spark plug (also checked with the multi-meter).
I've deduced so far that the ignition coil is not receiving any voltage from the starter relay to apply to the sparkplug, but the relay itself is okay.
Any suggested directions to troubleshoot why my spark plug will not fire will be much appreciated.