2006 Raptor 700 Vs. YFZ 450 Vs. Banshee - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

2006 Raptor 700 Vs. YFZ 450 Vs. Banshee

The magazines ive seen havent tested these bikes yet, only had articles on the updates.

Im selling my 99 YZ 250 and was going to buy a friends modified Banshee. Im just wondering how competative these new 4 strokers (stock or moddified) would be in Glamis against a ported\piped\carbed Banshee. I only ride sand so high rpm power is what im most interested in.

If anyone knows a magazine that has already done this test, or somewhere online i could read about it, id appreciate it. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 11:24 PM

Re: 2006 Raptor 700 Vs. YFZ 450 Vs. Banshee

its all about what you like. in my opinion. i will forever ride a 2 cycle dirtbike. i did a road trip to oregon and in the oregon dunes i met some people who had dragged out raptors and banshees. unfortunately i got to ride both. the banshee blew the raptor a new bunghole on the long run. the raptor was c ompetitive but its all different power. the banshee will give you tunnell vision that is all i have to say. the raptor i rode wasnt the new fuel injected 700 but i coudlnt imagine it would be anymore powerful than the tricked out one i rode.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply.

I found a mag that did a test on the 700. They said in the desert, it had plenty of power, but in the dunes it felt like it was choked. Not very encouraging with the hefty price tag. They also go on to say the 450 feels snappier.

I think ill be getting a Banshee and go for what i know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 11:22 AM

is the banshee your looking at already tricked out?? its pretty hard to beat a banshee in the dunes. they are made for that kind of riding.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

My friends Banshee is ported, has intake manifold with 34mm carbs, Toomeys, filters, bars, HID Hellas, wide arms, long swing arm, wide axle, rims,tires and most importantly, a 6 pack rack!

A friend of a friend has a 450 with pipe kit and rejet....says it hauls azz, but Banshee is still king of the hill.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 06:51 PM

yea man that sounds like a sweet banshee. its probally your best option to get that one. unless your rich. $6500 for a new wheeler plus $1500 in aftermarket parts or so. maybe more considering its a wheeler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode