2003 Z400 worn out? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 01:27 AM
Torbinx

2003 Z400 worn out?

Hi,

I've been atving for 7years and am 19 years old. I currently have a 2001 honda 350 4x4 ES and am looking at purchasing a sport quad. I found a 2003 Suzuki LT-Z400 and took it for a test drive tonight. It seemed okay but had no back brake, the black foot plastic was cracked along with the yellow plastic, and after driving up and down the road a couple times the cooling fan kicked on, the resoiver read full so...is that normal? The quad has a yoshimura pipe and dynojet kit. The rear grab bar was missing all the paint along with the front of the a-arms so would that be from riding and wheeling in the sand and normal use? I also found neutral alittle hard to find after coming to a stop in third and then going into reverse and such, should I be expecting to replace a clutch and tranny. The front dunlop stock tires were also quite worn and it featured bearclaw tires on the rear (the owner has a set of dune tires on alternate ITP rims and loves the sand. That being the case, could the shocks be worn from all the jumping in 3 years?). Any input on this machine and how it should look or operate being that old would be great. Thanks Torbin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 12:05 AM
Torbinx

Re: 2003 Z400 worn out?

Well I looked at some more for sell that are the same year and this one seems to be in good shape so Im gonna get it wOOt.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 01:02 PM

The current NADA book shows that vehicle at $3975.

All the things you talked about is completely normal.

The bike is menat to ride hard, and that fact that a piece is missing here or there could be from the owners own customizing.

Paint is considered a wear item. It may need redone.

The fact that the stock tires on still on the front wore or not, means there aren't a ton of miles on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 10:43 PM

it just needs some tlc!!
a projeect is great fun and will let you know your quad inside and out. you could have the shocks serviced and that wouold probably ehlp a bunch as a lot of people never seem to do this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode