lt 250 quadracer help - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2005, 11:23 PM
stringbean

lt 250 quadracer help

i have a 87 lt 250 quadracer with a stock bore.one of the washers on the piston pin broke and messed up my engine. i had it resleeved, new piston and crank rebuilt along with new crank bearing and seal. the air screw on the side of the carb was missing and it would idle fast before. I replaced the screw and it now runs ok on the top end but won't idle and has little power on the bottom end. i haved cleaned the carb twice. it seems to run better with the screw out. i had to turn the idle screw in all the way. the timing marks are alighned. the gas is fresh, plug is new.would the power valve have anything to do with it. i know it was taken out and cleaned when it was resleeved.. please keep in mind that this has never had anything done to the motor before and is used for mostly trail riding.. i would be greatful for any ideas and tips.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 08:09 PM
Torbinx

Re: lt 250 quadracer help

Did you have more bottem end power before? There could be a compression leak after reassembly. If there was any change in displacement you may have to rejet it by changing the air/fuel mixture. There is ussually a little screw on the side of the carbuerator. Increasing idle screw and rejetting should help your quad idle better. Let me know how you make out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode