Any Yamaha Raptor experts??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 09:57 AM
atvrookie

Any Yamaha Raptor experts???

Hello,

I'm trying to buy a used ATV from this guy. He sent me pictures and he claims it's a 2004 Yamaha Raptor 660R can you guys tell me from looking at these pictures if this bike is actually a 2004 Raptor 660R or if it's a Raptor 350R or what exact bike and year is it.

thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1386081-yamaharaptor660cc.jpg (418.9 KB, 121 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 06:36 PM
Larryt164

Re: Any Yamaha Raptor experts???

Its hard to tell the year of it by the pic you got.2002 and newer raptors has a piggey back shock on the back.Can you get the vin# from him?If so you can find the year that way too.But the quad in the pic is a 660r Raptor and is a nice looking one.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 09:29 PM

It is definetly a 660R Raptor but can't tell what year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 10:18 PM
atvrookie

Cool! Okay, we've now established that it is a 2004 660R now if I can just find out what year it is...

The seller, which is either a little sketchy or is trying to make his bike very attractive tells me it's a 2004 but I'm not sure it is...what do you guys think??...

thanks again!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 10:25 PM
atvrookie

Here's another pic of this unknown Raptor...

Oh, and very important. How much would you guys honestly pay for this fine looking Raptor 660R ????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1386321-yamaharaptor660cc2.jpg (436.6 KB, 112 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 06:50 PM
Larryt164

Well in the last pic you put up i can see the back shock and subframe better.It has the piggey back shock and has the steel subframe so i can tell that it is not a 2001.It has to be 2002 and newer model years.As how much to pay for it thats all up to you.Just dont pay as much as a new one.The quad has sum bolt ons on it and it looks good the stock tires still look good also.Look on Ebay to see what the raptors are going for.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 06:29 AM
Raptor 350 lover

if you can send another picture of the other side i may be able to tell, but if you zoon in on that picture it looks like the rear brake is missing. just to warn you [img]images/graemlins/usflag.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/usflag.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/usflag.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/usflag.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 06:49 AM
Raptor 350 lover

ok nevermind that one but ask if it has a stock shifter and if he says yes he is lieing because all the factory yamaha shifters on the 04 were BLACK and the one on that one is raw/silver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode