buying 4wheeler - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2004, 10:56 AM
tob1onone

buying 4wheeler

please help, need info on my purchase.
what's better 650 4x4 2005 kawasaki brute force
360 4x4 kvf kawasaki
400 4x4 yamaha
I will be using it for 60% work
40% play
I heard that independant suspension is no good for work ??
[img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2004, 11:20 AM

Re: buying 4wheeler

Independent suspension complicates things that don't need complicating for work purposes.

Most ranchers and farmers use Honda's to work with and then have something else to ride when not at work.

If you don't want to go to that extent ( buying two machines) I would definately reccommend the 650. I know a guy that is using the old 650 Prairie (the same thing with different plastic) for a spray rig. He is using a 20 gallon tank up front and a 15 gallon tank in the rear and is pulling a rather large tank.

He makes sure it's all easily removable so when hunting season comes around, he's got a very well tested machine to take into the back country.

He has upgraded the tires to ITP 589's for more sidewall strength and a little wider base.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-25-2004, 05:16 PM
BigBear

Re: buying 4wheeler

i work at a buisenuss called c and S motorsports they sell yamaha and kawasaki
Now The kawasakis are all right machines ,but do not buy a 360 prairie they only go about 35 mph and they sound like they are about to blow up. and after a few miles are put on the clutches get worn out fast and knock so then it sounds like the rods are out of it. Not so much as on the 650 those are an all right machine clutches dont go out as easy because the v-twin is a little more balanced than a single cylinder. but if you ever get one and maybe roll it and if the shift knob gets hit it blows the transmission i have already had to replace a few of these because of a roll over. the yamaha i would go for not so much as on the independent rear, the shocks will squat bad if you have a load on but for something thats very reliable when its really cold out this is something good it doesnt' have all the power but its very dependable. the praries are a lot more cold blooded but if you want the power get the 650 if you want good dependability get the yamaha if you want crap get the 360. the rear axle can be a little bit nicer when hauling heavier loads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode