which is better? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 09:15 PM
honda_stomper

which is better?

hey y'all

in your opinion which would be better for mud, speed and, acceleration a yamaha 350 warrior or a honda 400 ex. my brother is stuck on this and he needs help. so if u could please give me some input that would be great! also i have a 700 kawasaki prarie what should i do to it to give it more power and speed! thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 02:05 PM
yamaha00

Re: which is better?

400ex it has more acceleration and speed and the 2005 model has reverse looks like the new 450R
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 05:38 PM

As far as the 400EX wait till 05' season and buy it with reverse, the 400EX is built as a performance bike and the other is a good all around, but... The 400 has it in every aspect.

700 prairie has a new ignition box availbe.

Bang for your buck, this is the best performance mod that gives you the most benefits.

Jesse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 08:30 AM

The 2005 400ex does not have reverse, the 2005 400ex aint even out yet, and it wont look like a 450r. Honda is comin out wit a 2006 400ex, they arent comin out wit a 2005! So you gotta get it straight about atv's. [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 12:59 PM

your right, it is not out yet but it is going to be out for 2005 and is is going to look more like a 450R and it is going to have reverse.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 10:27 PM
ace450

dont waste your time on a 400 ex or any honda, i have a yamaha yfz 450 and its the fastest out yet. i have beat every thing i raced on 4 wheels including the newest banshee, exept the banshee with a big bore kit.lol other than that the YFZ is the way to go. also dont get a 2004 yfz it likes to blow out a freeze plug looking thing on the top of the head above the exhaust, 4 dollar fix thou. in 2005 the yfz has been changed to a casting instead of the freeze plug looking thing.you will be happy with the yfz..... [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 01:12 AM
212RACING

yes the 05 400 is out.
yes it has plastic similar to the 450
yes it has rev.

the 400ex will kill the 350 yam

400 what planet are you from
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 08:10 PM
motoguy

i am by far not a honda man and i do own a warrior and i think it is a good dependable atv with great all around performance, but if you are wanting something dependable, fast and woods and track ready then the 400 is the ride you would want to go with. good luck and ride on
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 09:59 AM

srry i doubted u guys bout the 2005 400ex, i didnt see ne thing bout it at newebsite, srry bout that tho, i would go with the 400ex tho kid. for the prarie, my friend has one and there has been many problems with it, does yours have alot of problems like belt loosening, 4wd is goin bad? i would go with the penland pipe from hmf, my friend got one and it sounds powerful when he got it, but it dont put more speed on it if u did want some, it is a cool pipe, but only gives u the power u might need , but might lack in the speed.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 11:29 PM
DocMatt

get a raptor and put a pipe on it and be done with it.. but the yfz 450 is a strong bike as well.. both will be more than you will ever need in power and speed

keep blazin the trails
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode