AEON COBRA 180... ENGINE PROBLEM! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2004, 08:37 AM
pastamafia

AEON COBRA 180... ENGINE PROBLEM!

Hello all,

Got a funny problem with my quad, the otherday i was up the mountain climbing a steep hill and my back wheel falls off, looking at it, the metric bolt has come off and the pin had come out, but finally found the washer and bolt when i got home (thank god), very lucky it didnt come off taking a corner at high speed,

But while i was waiting for recovery (dad) i put my quad up right to look at the underneath, when i put it down it wouldnt kick, bear in mind im a new quad rider and didnt know how to actually work the electric start as my old quad you just had to press it and it would start so i fought on my new quad it was the battery (this one you have to hold the brake and click) but anyway when i put it back down it wouldnt kick start, so i left it and finally got picked up, ive put the wheels back on, and everything is fine now!

But....... when i went off, it would go fine then when thumb is right down on throttle it floods and just looses power, i have checked the spark plug, cleaned it, also checked the carb to see if the floats wernt jammed and i also cleaned it, i also tighhtend the chain as it was clanking, also checked the air filter, no water, no damage, all looking new.... also filled up with petrol so have a full tank....

now when i go off, it feels a bit better but still does it, so what could it be, the valves, the points....

i have a cobra aeon 180 with no manual and its 2nd hand, would like to solve problem my self as local quad dealer is a cowboy and would charge stupid prices, can any one shed some light, and also what are the points for this quad or where can i find this info out,

ps. today also put new handle bars on, but checked and sprayed wd40 on the the wires and everything looks good, so it cant be the wires...

pps. also it is a 4 stroke automatic, with 1 spark plug, i fought 4 strokes have more than 1 plug.....

[img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2004, 05:42 PM

Re: AEON COBRA 180... ENGINE PROBLEM!

the things that make you go hmmmmmmm! [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 09:19 PM
ace450

ok, here is what i would do. 1st by rasing the quad up right gas flowed into the filter. even thou the filter looks fine it could be damaged by the gas running on it blocking or closing the air way threw the filter. also the spark plug could be gas fouled, so what i would do is, take the air filter off and try riding it for a quick test to see if it still floods. then if that didnt fix it i would get a new spark plug, cleaning the plug dosent always work it may be fouled out when full throttle gas hits it. if that works then i would get a new filter for it too it wont hurt to have a new filter.

ps. most four strokes have 1 spark plug. if you have 1 cylinder you have 1 plug very rare to have 2 plugs on 4 stoke quad, unles it has two cylinders (heads like a banshee). try what i have told you and let me know if it works ok ?.... [img]images/graemlins/goodpost.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 01:43 PM
jenna1

[img]images/graemlins/goodpost.gif[/img]
Hi,

I am interested to hear how you got on with your problem and share one with you too,

Can you e-mail me on [email protected]

regards

Grant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode