1996 Polaris Magnum 425 runs rough lacks power - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 10:58 PM
mgraham289

1996 Polaris Magnum 425 runs rough lacks power

my polaris Magnum 425 runs rough (coughs and sputters) when it is left outside when it rains. I know it sounds strange but it acts as if the rev limiter is on even in forward gear. and when it dries out it runs without a miss but does tend to backfire slightly when the throttle is released, and lacks power it seems. when the rev limiter is bypassed, the wet problem goes away, but it still seems to run weak and backfires slightly when the throttle is released. I noticed there is a fuel pump on this model to help fuel flow, could this be causing the low power and backfiring? thwe spark is very strong. this has been in to two different shops and they are just guessing and throwing expensive non-returnable parts to it. can any one help? the regulator was replaced due to bulbs blowing, just prior to this problem starting. please help! mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode