Just got my first quad!!!!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 09:00 PM
traxas_man_2006

Just got my first quad!!!!!!

Well after years of bugging my parents i finaly have my quad. I was looking for a 2000+ 400ex but while up at silver lake on vacation we didnt see one for sale anywhere. It was nearing the end of our stay and i just happened to pick up a local shopper thingy and what do ya know there is a warrior for sale. It was in muskegon so we hop on the high way and take a 45 min ride to go look at it. When we got there we found a 1999 yamaha warrior, black and yellow plastic (limited edition from what heard) in really really clean condition. Ran perfectly and had good tread on the stock front tires and had a pretty new set of dirt devil rear tires and an aftermarket dg pipe. Boy does that thing have a nice loud growl to it but quiet enough to get on the dunes with no problem. So after a quick test ride and a few calls to some banks we go back to get the trailer from our camper and head back to pick up my first quad. I was so exited on that ride there and back. The bad thing was i couldnt ride it till the next day sense the dunes where closed by the time we got back. But the next day i was fired up... got up early to check the tires and fill the tank and get it ready and all that good stuff. But i had to wait till late in the day sense we had troble fixing a small exhaust leak. Had to drill and tap one of the exhaust studs... then we had to get a few new screws and by the time we were done it was about 5ish but we got it out and running. I made it up to the dunes it was running great no problems.... good thing for rev limiters. After about 15-20 min i was blasting up and down the beach only grabbing 3rd gear just becuase of how fast that thing is. Then about an hour into riding and going through some trails i miss shift and find nutreal (dunno why i am so good at doing that) and hit the rev limiter but i soon get in second and take off agian but this time with a clicking noise and a big difference in power. Hills i could normally climb in 2nd or 3rd i could no longer do in 1st, it felt like i was in 5th. I was so pissed and dissappointed for i could have screwed things up big time and it looked and ran so good before. But we towed it out and home and had a few quad owners look at it and one said it sounded like something deep in the enigne but he wasnt sure [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img], so we called up the guy and said he would have been glad to look at it but he was busy over the weekend but he recomened looking at the vavles. So when we got back we took it apart and pulled the vavle covers off and sure enough the intake valve retaining nut had come off and lodged out of the way of moving parts. So we got that fixed firday night and it was out running the dunes on sat [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I cant wait to ride it some more, but i am leaving with my friend this weekend to go down south for a week so it will be 2 more weeks before i get to ride it agian [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] but i know it will be there when i go back [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Well thats my story for now and thanks for all that read all of that lol.... i have pics go to www.cardomain.com/id/pimpinneon06 i'll have my parents take more of it while i'm not there but there are a few.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 09:03 PM
traxas_man_2006

Re: Just got my first quad!!!!!!

oh yeah i forgot to mention that we even looked at a 98 warrior the day before.... looked nice and all had 03 plastic on it a stage one hot came and a dg pipe and paddles and a set of trail tires but it was beat to crap and the chain had came off and broke the housing on the engine and it was all welded funky so our whole family found the 99 we bought to be a better deal for 200 less then what the other guy wanted.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 12:24 AM

good deal man. How old are you? kinda weird that you had to bug your parents for a quad and your old enough to drive...but good deal man [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ride a banshee, you'll see what fast is, 3rd on a warrior is fast? NAH...but it kicks ass your out there tearin it up man, keep the shiny side up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 01:58 PM
traxas_man_2006

Thanks. I'm 15 almost 16. I started to beg and push my parents for a quad sense i was like 12... when i was to young to ride one on the dunes anyways. Thats why i had to beg. And the only reason i said 3rd was fast was becuase when i thought it was fast i had only been riding a quad for an hour.... now it's normal crusing speed/hill climbing speed.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-19-2004, 12:05 AM
traxas_man_2006

Yay i got a video of it.... oh yeah and more pics at www.cardomain.com/id/jeepman2006

heres that vid link

http://userweb.suscom.net/~trever/ab.avi

[img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode