2003 kodiak steering problem - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2004, 12:17 PM
kgwebb

2003 kodiak steering problem

I recentley bought a 2003 Kodiak. It had 62 miles on it and looks like new. Here's the problem. After the purchase I noticed the steering had some excessive left/right play in it. I tighted the locking nut on the end of the steering shaft and that took care of the problem. After One trip into the mountains the excess play is back. Is this normal for the kodiaks or other ATV's to do. Or is there something else I should do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2004, 07:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 2003 kodiak steering problem

Hi fella.

i also own a 2003 Kodiak and I was having sterring problems with it pulling to the left, with the bike being brand new I took it back and they checked the air pressure straight off and it was down by a pound, so rather red faced I took it home and was very carefully checking air pressues after that.
But apart from that the kodiak is a great machine, I have heard some NOT to reports on the Grizzlys here in the land of AUS, having seen on tip over when it was sitting on a side hill along with 10 other quads all in the same spot, very feaky let me say. But If your not totaly satisfied with the feed back from your dealer geta second, third opinon, do what ever it takes.

mark, Geelong Victoria, Australia [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode