need honest opinion on new atv purchase - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2004, 12:49 PM
feeltherush

need honest opinion on new atv purchase

everytime i talk to a atv dealer around here they don't tell me what i need to know...all i get is YOU NEED TO BUY THE MOST EXPENSIVE ONE TO BE HAPPY!!!! im not a beginner , but not a professional racer either. i would like to know which 2004 atv would be the most reasonable choice for possible mods. i'm interested in the Raptor 350 or maybe the honda 300ex..anyone care to be honest and tell me which is more reliable and fast for the price???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2004, 08:16 PM
traxas_man_2006

Re: need honest opinion on new atv purchase

I dont know much about either of the two but the raptor 350 is replacing the warrior and is said to be a nice beginner quad. But i would think both of them would be relativly cheap to mod and make faster. But sense the raptor 350 is so new i couldnt tell you which one is faster stock and is easier to upgrade.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 08:03 PM

The Raptor350 won't have too many mods for it for a while. So if you are looking to get it and start modding it straight away, it wouldn't be a great idea. Dean Waters from here at Off-Road.Com has just finished the first ride today on the Raptor 350. Look for an article on how it performs in the May issue. It might be a good idea to atleast see what we think about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 09:29 PM

i bet alot of warrior parts will fot on the raptor 350
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2004, 06:54 PM

Sorry, I need to change what I previously said. The Raptor 350 First Ride won't be up for May 1. We just don't have enough time to get the article ready by then. I'm bettin not too many of the mods will work on it since it had to be changed to get the new Raptor look.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2004, 07:08 PM
chumley

dude......Why not get something that dosen't need many mods.
The two mentioned will be ok if you are looking to putt around but if you want to go over 55 get something with balls. like a 400ex maybe or a z400 if you are somewhat expericed. you will be disaponted in your choices.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2004, 09:33 PM
SMOKINanEX

I was just as confused as you were before I made my purchase not to long ago I may add, but I found that the Z400 is well worth the cash. There are plently of mods, not like it needs them it's fast enough as it is for someone who is just looking to have fun, but then again it's my first quad to so what do I know. However i have ran with 660's and i can keep up with them through most of the gears so that should tell ya one thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode