Twist Throttle - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2004, 11:03 PM
hershberger

Twist Throttle

I'm thinking about putting a twist throttle on my Z400. What are the good points and the bad points to doing it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-11-2004, 09:11 PM

Re: Twist Throttle

It takes some practice to get used to it. At first until you learn to control it, and build up the muscles in your wrist or wherever you will be kind of out of control on bumps and stuff. It is great for long distance because your thumb doesn't get tired. Practically everyone in the desert runs twist throttles. And, most everyone in cross country and all that stuff use a twist throttle. You might not see quite as many people using it on motocross though.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2004, 10:23 PM
ReDnEcK

a problem that I have seen (not experienced) first hand is if the quad rolls over onto the handlebar it can pin the twist throttle wide open with your wheels spinning wildly in the air. buddy of mine put one on his 300ex and while traversing over pile of logs (what an idiot) the logs slipped and then he slipped, the thing rolled over and stuck with throttle open, he was ok.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 08:06 PM

some like it some hate it. you really have to try it and get used to it to know. I love them and hate thumb throttles infact
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 08:09 PM

Hmm, never heard of that happening before. During V2R I rolled ours over, and it didn't stick during the rollover, but it did stick a few miles down the course. We think it was just because it got dirt everywhere, after messing with it and WD40'ing it it was fine for the rest of the race.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode