what model do i need? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2004, 08:54 PM
Shirk

what model do i need?

i was looking for a sport utility atv used and sport atvs like the blaster and wonedring what to get help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2004, 09:02 PM

Re: what model do i need?

When it comes to sport quads (and even vehicles) determining what you need and what you want are very hard choices. As a suggestion, try to rent a few differnt Sport Quads and determine which one you really like - for your unique riding conditions and riding style.

For our family, we picked the Artic Cat 500i. This is a huge utility quad that allows us to pull trailers, plow snow (in the near future) and ride double. For our trails, it's like driving a German Tank down a narrow street. Not a very good machine for zig / zagging around trees and we can't do high jumps with it. But this unit is great for us 90% of the other times.

If we had the extra cash, I'd purchase a nice little 250 Trail Blazer. This 2 stroke unit is light enough to zig / zag around trees, lots of low end power for our low speed / deep mud trails and lots of suspension for the "little" jumps we like doing.

For you, you may think you want a banshee but maybe a Predator, Trail Blazer or a Kawi V-Force 700 will surve your needs / wants better. By renting your top 3-4 units for a weekend, you'll be able to quickly tell which brand is best for you. Depending upon your trails, another brand may surve your needs / wants better.

Hope this helps...

post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 09:51 PM
muddynuggetz

Re: what model do i need?

I own a 93 polaris sportsman 4x4...it handles great, it has a great turning radius and i can get off the groud easily on any jumps....it also has the power of a 4x4!! [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode