Banshee Reliable 2 Stroke? Or YFZ 450 or Raptor? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2004, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Banshee Reliable 2 Stroke? Or YFZ 450 or Raptor?

Im havin trouble deciding, in about 2 months i will be purchasing a 4 wheeler. I use to have a blaster and I was a pretty good rider, but that was a couple of years ago. Ive always wanted a Banshee, I love the way 2 strokes Rev. But now since these new powerful 4 strokes are coming out ive been considering the YFZ or the Raptor. Ive always heard you have less problems with the 4 strokes. So how reliable is the Banshee, I would probably buy new but myabe used. Do they have any major problems? Do they stay in tune with two carbs? How reliable are the new raptors? Any problems? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Basically im tryin to figure out between the 3 which one I want.... Pros And Cons... Thanks ALOT

My riding style is that I would probably just be playing around on my land but I love jumping and could go to the occasionall track or park.. Im in Florida
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-19-2004, 09:12 PM

Re: Banshee Reliable 2 Stroke? Or YFZ 450 or Raptor?

banshees are very reliable if you keep up on maintanence. However if i were to buy a new atv today it would be a yfz. those things are sweet. although i would never get rid of my banshee
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2004, 11:44 PM

Since you say you like how 2 stokes rev, a yfz would be more for you than the raptor. Many 2 stroke riders have commented on how alike a YFZ revs's compared to a 2 stroke. If you really want a 2 stroke though, I would lean towards a 250R. As for the Raptor, it is a great bike, but if you end up racing for fun sometime it's not the greatest for that. Just doesn't compare to the rest. Many people doing BITD who rode Raptors are changing to Z400's and YFZ's.
Hope something here helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 03:00 PM
RaptorUpCanada

YFZ 450,, it revs,, jumps,, performs,, has nor reverse,, can be lightened easily,, good for moderate trails and hard tracks,, Banshee's are for roads and Dunes man..
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

Ok I think ive made up my choice to get a 4 stroke and I really want a YFZ but if thats not possible because of money reasons, how bad are the raptors? Are they a good "all around" fast bike? Reliability? Jumping? trails? Powersliding? and manily fun with the occasional drag race..
Any comments welcome.. Thanks Alot
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 12:07 PM

Reliability: Great for anything except long distances.

Jumping: Not the best for jumping, but it could be ok if you put a little bit of work into it.

Trails: Lots of fun on the trails and dunes. Great bike for it.

Drag Race: I have always not liked it for drag racing, because off the starts, it has a bit of a tendency to wheelie more than I like. But as I only weigh 140 pounds, that would be a little less likely with a heavier rider.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 11:16 AM
Veteran

Sounds like your a Yamaha fan? You would be much more pleased with the YFZ450 if you can swing it. Its a great all around bike and everyone that has ridden one loves it. With some suspension work its a winner.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Yeah you caught me... [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I used to have a Blaster a few years ago when I was younger, so its just kinda in the blood i guess you could say. But Ive also been thinking about the new honda 450R too.. What do yall think? Because its a sweet bike and 4 stroke, but then i tell myself if ill buy that why not get the YFZ? You know... So its either spend alot of money on either the new ones or buy a used Raptor or Banshee. I really want the YFZ just because its the newest biggest and baddest right now but its very expensive...
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 06:52 PM
traxas_man_2006

Ha, i'm having the same problem with those 3 quads but sense i am a beginer i'm thinking a raptor b/c they were built to do more of the kind of riding i want to do. The banshee and the yfz are good quads but they just like to be ridien hard and i dont think i could do that yet. But thats just me. Hopefully i will get either a raptor or 400ex this summer but idk yet.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 10:25 PM
portgrinder

Re: Banshee Reliable 2 Stroke? Or YFZ 450 or Rapto

stock for stock, they are close. modded, the Banshee is the way to go hands down
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode