What would be a good quad for... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2004, 09:11 PM
adrenaline01

What would be a good quad for...

My fiance` wants her own quad. She wants something sporty ( she thinks the utility atv's are"dorky" ). I don't think she could handle shifting, not yet anyways, and there needs to be enough power to be fun, I would like a quad that handles well and would be forgiving in case she does take a turn a little too hot or something. we will be mostly trail riding and farting around on farm land. I was thinking like maybe a polaris trailblazer 250. I don't like that it's a air cooled 2 stroke though. A little help please. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 02:21 PM

Re: What would be a good quad for...

unless you plan on having her stick with the full auto quads, I would look for something with an auto clutch and a 5 speed, so she can get used to finding the right gear for climbing hills and stuff. The only full auto quads I know of that aren't full utility quads are either the Polaris's or the KFX700 which could be intimidating for a beginner to say the least. I think the Honda250ex, SuzukiZ250, or the Yamaha Wolverine Wolverine information might be ok for her. The Z250 or 250ex should be ok if she's a smaller rider, and both have auto clutches with a 5 speed and reverse, bt they might start to feel slow to her soon after she starts getting used to it. For more power the Wolverine is a sporty 4x4, with the engine out of the Warrior, mated to an auto clutch transmission, and definetly looks a lot sportier than the typical 4x4 utility quad does, and since it's a 4x4, it should be very forgiving in the turns and corner like it's on rails. Let us know what you decide, Good Luck. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 01:05 AM
raptor_rider

Re: What would be a good quad for...

It depends on the size of our girlfriend. the Z250 and EX250 are small quads, and the trailblazer is kinda big, I have a trailblazer, its a great quad, runs strong (for what it is) WAY easy to ride , has enough power to get around in the dunes, and we even put it on the flat track a time or two, DONT be afraid of the fact (it a air cooled two stroke)as long as you dont pipe it, it wont rev like your typical two stroke, so the engine lastes longer, I got mine NEW, in 2000, we ride it all the time , the only thing we do to it is change the oil and clean the air filter, it is still ALL original and runs great, if your girl is small I would go with the Honda 250 EX but she has to be really small, or she will out grow it in a matter of months.......GOOD LUCK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode