Yamaha 660 raptor vs. Yamaha 450 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2003, 06:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yamaha 660 raptor vs. Yamaha 450

has anybody out there had experince on both of these machines? which one is better? i know the 450 weighs about 50lbs lighter and ive heard the suspension is set up better than the raptor. but...obviously the 450 has 210cc less than the raptor. i have a raptor right now and am considering switching to a 450. any comments would be great! thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 01:15 AM
raptor_rider

Re: Yamaha 660 raptor vs. Yamaha 450

I sold my (heavily modified) Raptor and got the YFZ, I race flat track, Now that I have the YFZ I stepped up to the Pro class and am one of the fastest quads in the area

to compair the two, if you are going to race YFZ
If you are going to trail ride Raptor
The YFZ has to stiff of suspention for trail riding and the thumb throttle is to stiff also, But the suspention is AWSOME for jumping
The Raptor has more grunt for trail riding and ALOT softer seat, with an easier throttle
To sum it up, the Raptor is a cruiser, the YFZ is a racer!!!
I get more and more impressed with the YFZ every time I ride it, infact I have a new Preditor that I am going to sell so I can get another YFZ(for one of my sons) [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 01:19 AM
raptor_rider

P.S.
In a drag race, the Raptor doesnt stand a chance, infact on sand a piped and jetted Banshee doesnt stand a chance either [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 07:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey man, thanks for the info, but i still cant decide! im just going to have to test ride a 450 or something and hopefully thatll help me make up my mind. thanks again man
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2003, 03:29 PM

I will have agree with raptor rider....if you plan on just cruising. nothing to hardcore like MX racing, go for the raptor....but the YFZ is MADE for the track, its not for people who just want the fastest machine in the woods...besides you will regret it, the seat is a rock....

the suspension can be loosend, but the entire quad is built for the track, even the stock swing-arm guard is very small and light
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode