kfx400 A-Arms, Axle - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2003, 12:34 AM
thebestofindica

kfx400 A-Arms, Axle

Basically, I recently wrecked my kfx400 and it cartwheeled 3 or 4 times busting everything up front and bending the axle and many other components. I was wondering if this would be a good time to get some new parts, say: +2 a-arms and a +2 axle??? I do a lot of ripping around, and trail riding, but also race locally some. I was wondering what the +2 a-arms would do to my trail riding and just normal ripping around?? How much lower will my quad be and will making it wider affect my trail riding, other than the obvious fact that its wider. I would like to eventually get more involved in the racing scene so I think at some point in time the +2 a-arms, and +2 axle will be on my quad. I just figured since insurance is covering everything, now would be a good time to upgrade some stuff (granted, I have to pay the difference in price). If you think the a-arms and axle are a good idea, what brands should I be looking for??? Anything will help, I just wanted some opinions, and possibly pictures of what a kfx400 with +2 a-arms looks like. Thanks for everything.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2003, 04:27 PM

Re: kfx400 A-Arms, Axle

how much money are you will to spend? I can give you the low down ay?

axle:
Go for a LSR axle 2+2 its adj up to 4", awesome warranty, if you bend or break, send yours away and lsr gives you another one for free
-OR-
go for a durable, a little cheaper, still strong but warranty is not as good, just takes a little off the price of a new axle
-OR-
RPM axles are the strongest, best warranty, and best axle out, but with that comes what??? COST [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

A-arms:
pending on the riding your goin to do and/or racing I would look into JD arms, LSR are expensive but good, houser also expensive, burgard arms are nice a priced well, and check out laeger arms
YES these are expensive so look on ebay or local sites for some +2 arms for around 250 or 300$
-These shouldnt lower your quad too much, but i would not jump your kfx, or anything, you will need to get some shocks to, and infact I know some kid with a kfx selling Works performance shocks for a kfx, that are mint shape, tell me if intrested, works are a good shock priced great, these shocks have resevoirs and are triple rate, an awesome shock, they are set up for +2 a-arms and they should be perfect

**take advantage of a crash like this, thats what I do, you have an excuse to get some nice parts, do it!**

check out z400central.com, there are a lot of nice people there, and a lot of people withn your quad that can help you get some parts, and tell you what direction to head in

hope it works out
in the end:
if you have a tight budget:
1. durablue axle +2+4
2.some a-arms off z400central.com or ebay
3. a nice pair of works shocks for +2 a-arms

good luck [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2003, 05:40 PM
thebestofindica

thanks for all the info man, and how much did he wants for those works shocks? Let me know. Thanks a bunch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2003, 04:13 PM

sorry man his shocks are for standared a-arms, sorry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode