Getting back into the game - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-26-2003, 07:30 AM
swwaltw

Getting back into the game

I haven rode in a couple of years. My last was a 1994 polaris 400 sport that was an awsome quad. Now I want something that I have fun on but i want a 4-stroke and I want reverse. I ride mostly trails but have a MX trak near by and sand duens are also close. i have been think about a warrior or a mojave i am going to by a used quad what are my best options. thank you for any comments
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2003, 04:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Getting back into the game

I love my warrior. I am new to quads and it's perfect for me, lots of power. I ride mostly trails around my house.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 04:35 PM
swwaltw

i am leaning to the warrior because i have found a 97 for 1800 and i love the yellow and black color scheme
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 08:06 PM
pokie

There nice bikes just a little on the heavy side fo MX tracks. Buddy of mine had one for years and never had any major problems with his. He did crab about the reverse shifter being a little hard to get into gear though. I to like the colors that year, sharp.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2003, 01:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

the reverse is tricky but not hard to get used to. Don't think it's worth not getting one.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-05-2003, 07:13 PM
swwaltw

i went to the dealer today and sat on an 04 it was good except when i stood it felt off balance and it felt like the front was in my lap
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 02:52 PM

the predator 500 seems that way to me too [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/chairfall.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 02:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

the predator feels like your riding on the gas tank. My warrior doesn't seem to pull me up (maybe i'm used to it).
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-06-2003, 06:24 PM
Mopar

[img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]Seems more like you're confusing the Predator with the new Yamaha YFZ450. The Pred seat is more than comfortable enough for those long rides. Even the mags say that. I feel very comfy on my Predator. Granted it is more money than the smaller quads out there. But I wouldn't trade it for anything else. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] And to forstall any angry retorts, I have nothing against the other popular rides out there. I just like something differant. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-07-2003, 01:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

no it's the predator. I've never been on a yfz 450. Try to sit on the back or middle of the seat and you slide forward. I've never ridden on it though, just sat on it, maybe it's easier when your moving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode