Stolen Very nice 2002 Banshee 9/18/03 in Az. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 08:19 PM
fastn2002

Re: Stolen Very nice 2002 Banshee 9/18/03 in Az.

Well here is the story folks. The quad was up for Sale and this guy calls and wants some info so I give to him. Then he said he is calling on others and will call later so I'm like ok,no big deal well he calls back and said he wants to check it out in a hour or so, so whats my address I'm like just call before yoor heading this way he said ok. Well like 15-20 minutes later he said he was heading this way so I gave my address he said he would be here at appx 6:30 so I wait and nothing so I put it back away at 7:00.I wanted to take out and dust off and start been sitting a while. Here is the lockdown 2 locks on gate-2 locks on shed-4 more locks & cables on quad in the shed plus it is wired to house alarm and I'm almost always home, (work out of house). Well low and behold he shows up at appx 7:20-7:30 so I meet him on side of house and grab some keys to unlock gate, shed so he is checking it out and I'm like if your really serious I will take it out, he said no I'm serious lets take her out and start her up. So anyway we do that and he wants to ride so I'm like just go to the end of street mello and then turn around and come back kinda of quick. I thought his truck was here and I have sold all kinds of things before no problem. Well he started off faster than I said, so I'm like what the f*ck and then he flys around corner instead of turn around. I'm freaking out right about now but still think truck is here and just going around block well I don't hear it now and I'm freaked so jump in truck and pull it to street and try to hear it nothing. So I call 911 and then I go to truck to see if I see anything that says his name on it nothing. I can't believe what has just happened. So the cops get there pretty quick 10 minutes after call but to late and the truck out front was Stolen from mall a few miles away, thats more than likely why he was late (not even reported stolen yet). He or they drive it around corner, (few streets or blocks away) and load up in a truck or van 2-3 minutes and they are gone. And no insurance it was Fort Knox safe until you hand someone the key basically. I feel really stupid and hindsight always kick your A$$, but I am telling this whole story so others will have a heads up. Get ID, truck keys, all money up front. He was a white guy about 5'10" - 5' 11" and said he was from Wyoming kinda of dorky looking and skinny. So keep your heads up for scam. So please pass the word.

Please read some if not all..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1193310-sheepic2.jpg (75.5 KB, 28 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 08:20 PM
fastn2002

Second off let me tell you folks a little about the PD.~~~~~~~~~
Well guys the cops could give two $h!ts about the quad..The didn't dust the truck for fingerprints they said because it was not in a voilent crime. They told me only after I asked that they couldn't track down restricted phone numbers last night, but I called a couple PI's today and they said you can. So I called Verizon to check and they said yes but only with a court ordered subpoenas. So then I call the police again and they were like give it time the Detective (s) won't even look at your case for 30 days if then. And at that point maybe they will, I said no lets make this happen, oh sir relax this really isn't that hot of a case. Bullcrap. So I spent the rest of the day making and handing out flyers around the area and posting on the big mailbox clusters and calling local shops and taking flyers into them. Well reality bites folks. I will close for now by saying anyone that brings me together with my quad gets a cash reward this is listed on every site I know. Some of you guys don't realize how cool it is when somebodys say they will keep a eye for it that is freaking kicking A$$. Because I know I can't be everywhere. Well the moral of my story never ever let somebody you don't know ride your stuff, whatever it may be peroid.

A big thanks guys.. LET ME KNOW
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 08:25 PM
fastn2002

A complete parts list.

Click on the attachment please
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1193313-sheeaddons.jpg (67.8 KB, 40 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2003, 02:20 PM
fastn2002

The cops a so busy, or don't care or just become numb to this crap.

Thx again for any help it just takes one person to see it.. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
This guy will not be expecting so many people looking around for my Banshee.

Kirt

http://members.cox.net/shee4sale/ (Info and pic's)
http://members.cox.net/shee4sale/flyer.htm (printable flyer)

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2003, 05:10 PM

thats too bad, one of my friends just got his new yfz stolen, good luck, and I will keep an eye open even though I live in CT [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 04:10 AM

Ian you didn't get a new banshee latley did you? [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2003, 10:02 PM
fastn2002

300EXrider --- These theives have to be stopped......

I have found 2 more victims locally and the thief used the same M.O. and also fit the same description and little by little I am getting very small info or tips. So please don't stop, I need any help I can get and over time the puzzle will come together.

Thx Kirt
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 06:41 AM

These things happen very often . Mine got stolen from my house locked in a barn and chained three times to a big beam in the barn they stole it at 10:30 at night and my father was home in the house he figured it was me and my buddys were going to go ride . I found out who did it but no way to actually prove it so I got screwed at least the home owners insurance covered it because it was at the house when it got stolen and it was our property. Keep listining but be quiet about it . If they see flyers all over they will stop stealing them and ditch the ones they have so they do not get caught. You don't want them to know that you are going way out of your way to catch them !! rember that. Then when you find them kill tha bastarrds [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2003, 02:23 PM
Banzai_B

Just getting into the sport, I'll keep a look out and pass the word/pictures around... [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2003, 04:15 PM
fastn2002

Thx for looking around Banzai_B.

And Yoat94 sorry to hear about your quad as well. Do you get it back yet and when was it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode