PRIVATE PROPERTY! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 03:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

PRIVATE PROPERTY!

I was out riding in my neighboorhood today. At the end of my street there is a big sip in the road where a stream comes through, and the whole thing is surrounded by huge trees except the little entrance from the road. If you go in the entrance it goes down even lower into the dry bed and a little area around it, probably about a half acre but only about half that is ridable. I was riding in there, this afternoon as I often do when I cant go to real trails, just going off litle jumps and things when some guy from about four houses up comes down and says, "you know this is private property?" I know it is but it's been there my whole life and i've always played in there along with all the neighboorhood kids. Anyway I tell him that I didn't know, using the oblivious teenager card and he replies, "Well it is, and if you don't get out of here now i'm calling the cops." i said "you don't have to get upset just tell me and i'll leave." And I left.

I hate that! It's a whole quarter mile from my house and I don't go fast on the streets. And i'm not hurting anybody by being in there. I've driven past cops on the road, as long as your not going going fast they don't care, and other neighbors often come and talk to me while I'm on my atv none of them care. It just pisses me off, I know it's not his property and I have stock exhaust so he can probably barely hear me, I'm not kicking dust on the road. And if the owners of the land cared they would probably post up signs or something, I've played in there my whole life and nobody cares if your just down there. And I'm always the only one in the it's not like I'm putting anybody in danger except maybe myself.

I just have to vent, I can see why it might bother him to have me driving by his house, but it's for two seconds and i don't go fast. But I don't see why he cares if i'm in the field and why he thinks he needs to come threaten me and not just tell me. It's just like in the top five post, if it were my dad in there (which he does go in there sometimes) they wouldn't bitch at him. [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2003, 06:39 AM
tony1034

Re: PRIVATE PROPERTY!

Sounds like you have a Democrat living on your street [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I ride around on the streets in my development, as well as a dozen other neighbors. We drive around to the front, cross the street and head into the trails that lead to the old gravel pits. Its like a MX park in there. It would suck to have anyone give me crap, but I really don't care. I'll continue to ride there and get there by the street. If some jerk-off wants to call the cops on me, so-be-it. I hate nosy neighbors and people that can't just mind their own business. These are the same people that will ban ATVs, guns, skateboards ....anything. They're losers and don't have nothing better to do. But they're the same people that do other "illegal" stuff and don't think twice about it. As long as it suits them, that's all they care about.

Its people like your neighbor, that make me want to drive a 4x4 up onto their lawn and do a nice burn-out ...HAHAHA!

Had to vent ....Anyways, try to stay clear of him and have fun.

Tony P.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2003, 09:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Talk to the guy who owns the property and ask if it's ok to ride there. If he gives you his approval no one can say anything. Even if that guy did call the cops say the owner allows you to ride there. [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2003, 10:41 AM

I agree, find out who owns the property if you can, and see if you can get permission to ride there. If you do get the permission, get it in riding so if the cops do show up, it's not just you're word that you got the permission from the owner. Then ride there all day long every weekend just to irritate that nosey neighbor that can't mind his own business. [img]images/graemlins/censor.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2003, 06:27 PM
redneckstv85

i know man, got same problems ive got my own property and friends property to ride on and theres spots were u gotta go down the road 100 yards on these back roads and all these city ****s moven up complain and cry cause we make to much noise and on and on then they call the state troopers and its a big problem not only with the atvs but with the sleds too .
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2003, 10:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

ya that's what were planning on. I told m dad about it and he said that the original contractor that built the neighborhood thirty years ago ownes it. So my dad is gonna call him and get the ok.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2003, 09:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I had the cops called because I was riding in my backyard.I think thats realy dump.LATER [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 02:18 PM
ice

In the Netherlands you can ride legally on the street.
And in Germany on some streets you can ride as fast as you want and nobody who will stop you, coz its legal.

But I don't need to ride on the street.

http://home.hetnet.nl/~asloot/index.html

There you click on the "My Track" button and you'll see my track.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 01:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thats a lot of land you got there and some fun looking riding areas.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2003, 11:16 AM
Veteran

I think we all have the same issues with private property. Try to be cool with em thats all I can recommend. It will only hurt yoor cause if you get mouthy with em. I had the same thing with a guy on the property I ride on. He ended up telling me that Dove season was coming up after berating me for riding out there. I told him that was fine, I wouldnt ride out there during hunting season and that was fine. The guy then apologized for getting crappy with me. When he saw that I was much older than him when I stopped to talk with him after he tried to chase me down may have made a difference. We talked for a bit and he realized I wasnt out there being a pest. Gotta try to get along with the neighbors!
[img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode