Uni Filters - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2003, 12:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Uni Filters

I'm sure they must be good or they wouldn't sell, but I don't realy like the idea of a foam filter. I don't know a whole lot about it though. Do Uni filters do a good job, would they be able to handle an open air box or a vented box. I asked a couple shops around here which filter would work best and they all said K&N is the best.

It seems to me like a Uni filter is just a very expensive stock filter. Again like I said, I don't know a lot about it. What do you all think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 06:46 PM

Re: Uni Filters

uni is a very good filter, better than K&N? it depends how your looking at it...

UNI is foam like most stock filters, but flows better than stock but offers the protection

K&N is very well designed and flows very well, some say it flows the best, but still protects well to

I say a K&N w/outerwear is the way to go, or just a UNI filter...if you ride the dunes either will do pending on if you have an open or closed air box

UNI filters are just very popular and am surprised you have never heard of them
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2003, 12:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have heard of them just don't know much about them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 05:46 PM
redneckstv85

If your gunna run a uni better off goin with the twin air filter it is a duel stage filter inlike uni that is one they both uni and twin air are better than stock in air flow and protection but twin air offers more protection but the same air flow as a uni the only thing you will have to do is adjust the idle maybe if you use on of those. as far as k&n they are supposed to offer more air flow but not sure and from what i have heard they dont clean as well but they do offer more air flow and you will have to get bigger jets and if you remove the air box lid you will have to re jet with any filter due to more air flow if i where you i would run with the twin air but tthey are all good. [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2003, 02:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i got the K&N, i really like it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode