How to winch an ATV on to your truck. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 06:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

How to winch an ATV on to your truck.

I own a 02 Honda ES Recon and instead of trying to just drive my atv up ramps onto my Ford F350 CC truck bed I have decided to invest in a winch, to just pull it up the ramps. Can someone speak from experience as to whether the winch should be installed on my truck bed VS on the ATV? Really what I'm asking is one tactic better than the other ? Also I've been seeing allot of winches with remote controls. Can anyone recommend a good brand? I could really use some advice

Mario P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2003, 12:00 PM

Re: How to winch an ATV on to your truck.

I didnt think it was too hard to drive a quad on to the truck [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

but maybe someone else can help ya, I have no knowledge in winches
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2003, 06:04 PM

i say put it on the quad that way you can use it if you get stuck bad. i dont see how its that had to drive up...i load my quad without ramps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2003, 12:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

He has a recon you, have a banshee and 250r. Slight weight difference.

If your worried about the stability of two ramps just buy a ramp that's as wide as your bed, long enough that it's not that steep, and get one with rubber on the bottom so it won't slide.It would probably be a lot cheaper than buying a winch just for loading.

Even though, I would say put it on the atv so you can use for more than just loading, it seems like a pretty good investment.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 06:50 PM

i dont usually use ramps either, but a utility atv is a different story, I guess you can go for the winch idea, you can always use one on the trails....

but ya do what new rider said, get the full bed ramps. or go to your local home improvment store, get some loading ramps and make them, just bolt up the truck mounts, i have like 8ft ramps, and they support 3 times my quads weight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode