What to buy Wife - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 09:51 PM
MJM400EX

What to buy Wife

I was wondering If I could get an opinion. I am trying to decide what quad to buy my wife. She currently rides a suzuki quadrunner 160. My Local Honda dealership is having a sale this week. 400EX is $4099, 300EX is $3400 and the 250EX is $2999. We like to ride in the sand and some trail riding. [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] The suzuki is underpowered in the sand as is the 250 EX I have ridden. She can ride my 400EX but it seems a bit much. I was wondering if any of you that have ridden a 300EX think it is a great machine. I know I love my 400 but I'm not sure my wife beeing 5'3" is big enough for the 400. Thanks for any opinion, Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 11:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: What to buy Wife

I think a lot of people underestimate their wives. (i dunno though). I bet she could handle a 300ex, she has experience it sounds like, and if she does fine on the 400ex. The 300ex is only like 280cc or something.

She could always test ride one at the dealership and get i tiny feel if it's too big.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 02:23 AM
raptor_rider

from my experience, your better off getting a ride that is a little to big and they will grow into it , rather than one that fits now and they grow out of it, as long as they can ride SAFE til they get used to a bigger ride, personaly, I have a 14 yr old boy ridding a stock 400 EX and it fits really nice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 01:49 PM

I think if she's already been riding your 400ex much at all, she should be fine on one, the more she rides it, the better she'll do, at least then you know she'll have enough power to follow you wherever you decide to go in the dunes. With the 300ex, you might be stuck waiting for her to find another way around the steeper stuff, or just waiting for her to catch up like you so now with her other quad.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 03:29 PM

raptor rider, its his wife!! I am sure she is a grown woman!

I think your best bet is the 300ex, the 300 is perfect for people between 5 1' and 5 8'...after than its a bit small, but you can ride it up to 6ft...your wife isnt going to be hauling down the trails and roads at 85mph...I know a lot of older guys who all ride 300exs around in there trails and have no problem with it...

very modable and responsive if she really does want to go faster...she sure as heck wont grow out of it....and the machine is perfect with reverse...

everyone says "oh, get something big, you will love it...you wont wanna ride that 300 after you get big for it"....so then everyone goes and buys these z400's 400ex, raptors etc...they make smaller quads for a reason

Dont be a f-ing dumbass and go buy your wife a raptor or something....she will be more than happy with a 300, and thats what people dont realize...most will be very happy with smaller quads too.

3400!! is the cheapest I have ever heard a brand new 300 go for, your f-ing crazy if you dont go for that...400ex's go for that used....go for the 300 that is 3400 brand spankin new, I will slap you if you dont [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]

and john....I must say, you dont have to wait for the 300ex's to catch up [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I roost all over my friend with the preadtor and my other friend with his 400ex, never once have they "waited" for me, I am sure your wife unless she is really bad at riding will slow you down....

and everyone, stop dissin 300's now, lets nto forget who has one [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/chairfall.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2003, 07:54 AM
MJM400EX

Hey, Thanks for all of your opinions. We went to the dealership and let her ride the 300 it seemed to fit her better and she seemed alot more comfortable. So we bought her a new 2003 yellow 300EX for $3400. I couldn't believe they were that cheap. I think she got a great ride for the money. Thanks for all of your opinions. Mike
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2003, 11:59 AM

did I say that or did I say that? [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

good to hear, hope you both have fun and you got a smokin deal!!
you are very lucky to have a dealer like that, hope she enjoys her ride, ask me if you have any questions about anything for it or about it....I have a simple way to make the reverse procedure very simple, just ask!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode