250ex, z250, blaster, which is best for trails? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2003, 09:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

250ex, z250, blaster, which is best for trails?

I am 5'7 and about 150 pounds. I own a z400 and love it but it feels just a little to big for my build.
I do alot of trail riding with my friends who also rides a z400. I am not looking to drag race or anything
like that. I realize the blaster is a little cheaper than the 250ex or the z250, but I am just afraid it might
not be enough bike for me. So my question is this... outta the three bikes (all of them being the 2003 models)
Which of the three are all around better than the other two. Keep in mind I will be using it for alot of trail riding.
I appreciate your honest opinion despite what kind of bike you own. Much thanks and I look forawrd to hearing
your opinions... much thanks (Which is the best bike between the 250ex, z250, and the blaster?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2003, 02:08 PM

Re: 250ex, z250, blaster, which is best for trails?

1. Why the hell are you buying a z250, 250ex, or blaster when you have a z400 which is better in every aspect than all of them combined....
2. If you wanted a trail rider just set yours up for XC and that should be it
3. I could understand if you wanted to get one of these for your wife, or girl friend, but it really is pointless
4. If I had to pick a smnall but great trial rider it would be the 300ex, handling is incredable, fits through tight stuff, some good power
5. If I had to pick form those 3, it all depends on how much money you want to spend, if ya got the money get the 250ex, if you are running a bit short, look for a used blaster for around 1200$ which can still be a greeat trail machine on how you use it [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2003, 02:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

your right... I know my 400z is great... I was just curious about the three.... and yes the smaller quad will mostly be used by friends... female and male. BUT.. since I posted that I have come across some brand new 2001 Lakota's that a place still has in stock. What's your opinion of the Lakota in comparison to the 300ex? or just in general. Do you know of or heard of any complaints about the Lakota that I should be aware of before making this purchase.... on the 2001 model more specifically or otherwise. I just want to make an informed descision before spending another 3,000 to 4,000 dollars on another quad. Much Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2003, 04:48 PM

the lakota is a nice bike, I think it is auto clutch but great for the trails....

its also great for beginners not having to be botherd with the hard shifting, almost everyone can use its great power and size for casual trail riding or really ripping through them too
much like the mojave

the thing is made for the trails, yet offers better power and handling then a 250ex and z250, and is better than the sport blaster for the trails

they reliable and been around for a while, as far as I know there pretty dependable and reliable machines that can take abuse to...if you find one cheap go for it

I think thay stopped making the lakota and the 2002 was the last year

the most likley didnt change much for the 2001 if anything
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 12:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I am 15, and I am about the same size as you. But I think you are crazy!!! The z400 is one of the best sport quads you can buy. I urge you to keep it, and learn to handle it, or hit the gym and gain some muscle mass. I'm not trying to offend you, I would just hate to know that someone would be crazy enough to go from a z400 to a 250!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode