Which is the best - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 11:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Which is the best

I am looking at buying a 4 wheeler but i am stuck on which on the Raptor or the YFZ450????? I am looking for the most power off the line. My brothers buddie has a Raptor so i want to know if the YFZ 450 will baet his. Please help me out thanks. [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 10:32 AM
bodgecr250

Re: Which is the best

fromwhat ive read the yzf would be better for racing if that is what you are looking for. Also "off the line" as in racing is all the rider.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 11:11 AM

it repeated tests, the raptor was smoked buy the yfz, except was 2 mph faster in the top end...big deal...

although does cost more i would go for the yfz, heard only good things including resevior suspension stock, wide stance, and very very respnsive to a pipe, jetting and filter w/lid off, you gain like 7 ponies!!

that is enough to make me want it since my friend just got a predator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 02:43 PM
TheRookie

Go for the YFZ450 Bro, unless u decide to do some drag racing then go for the Raptor. I have ridden both and i liked the 450 way better + mush easyer to move in the air/ground unlike the raptor, i found my self having to work it once and awhile. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2003, 03:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i'd say the 450 its 50pounds lighter and i heard its close to same hp but i don't know for sure. i say just buy a predator. i like raptors cuz the have reverse but they are 2 tippy. buy the 450 or wait for honda's new rumor quad or buy a predator. [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2003, 06:27 PM
DesertToyzRacing

Wait for the Honda 450 if you are an experienced rider. You will be pleasantly surprised...and so will your friends, as they watch you from behind your dust.

Ride fast. Ride SMART. [img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2003, 09:14 PM

why wait for honda when you could be riding your very own yfz450 today? its like waiting for lunch to come and not eating breakfast [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2003, 11:01 PM

ya really, everyone says "I cant wait to go buy the new honda"

its not going to be much different, give yami the credit for busting there ass's to beat hondas ass to put there quad out
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 02:09 AM
raptor_rider

I uncorked my new YFZ, jetted and removed the air box lid, It will SMOKE any raptor around, (unless HEAVILLY modified) and I do mean HEAVILLY, it doesent matter if your drag racing , moto cross or TT the YFZ is a Racer and the Raptor ISNT, I Loved my Raptor, it has its place , but for racing YFZ ALL THE WAY, if your just hot rodding , trail riding and some dunes , the Raptor has a smoother ride, THE YFZ IS FOR RACING!!!!!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2003, 02:16 AM
raptor_rider

FYI, I have a Preditor, piped, modified air box, jetted, and K&N, the YFZ EATS IT!!!out of say 10 races the YFZ won 7 times the Polaris won 3, running out all the way, the YFZ tops out when the polaris hits 5th, so the polaris is faster but the Yamaha has more power, ( [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]pulls harder)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode