ATV won't start - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 05:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ATV won\'t start

Yesturday my dad, brother-in-law and I were at St. Anthony Sand Dunes yestuday. We were over at Choke Chery when i turned off my warrior to talk to my brother. After that i couldn't get it to start again. My dad had to tow me back to the road that goes around the dunes throught the sage brush. Luckily about 100 ft. later my quad started up again and i was able to ride it back. But i can't get to start anymore. My dad and i swapped spark plugs and his still started but when we tested my plug we couldn't get a spark. It will start up every once in a while and stay going but won't start consistantly. Anybody know what could be up? the only thing i can think of is a short between the spark and the start button. Thanks a ton for any help. [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 10:26 PM

Re: ATV won\'t start

what year? could be a fuse, or messed up wiring, try just pulling on the wiring...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2003, 11:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

it's a 2002, we played around with all the wiring already, tomorow i'm gonna take off the plastics and see if anything is visibly wrong. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 11:12 AM

what does it sound like?? just the electric starter going? or are no electronics turning on?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 01:22 PM

Check all your battery connections. Could have something lose there.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2003, 03:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Check your ignition box. It might need cleaned or maybe a new one. The wiring going to that might be broke or shorting out somewhere.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2003, 03:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Check your ignition box. It might need cleaned or maybe a new one. The wiring going to that might be broke or shorting out somewhere.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2003, 08:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

well it still turns over just won't get started, all the other electrics work. I can get it started pretty much once every morning. I asked a guy at a local shop and he said he thought i tmight be a engine coil. what do you all think?
thanks for the suggestions.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2003, 01:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: ATV won\'t start - found the short

i found the short, it's in a plug that comes from the ignition coil to the bti unti (i think) now i just gotta replace it!!! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2003, 01:44 PM
Warrior00

Re: ATV won\'t start - found the short

ok, on my 2000 warrior i had problems with the battery terminals breaking off! after i would do soem small jumps. and for later info, if u ever hit the start and all u hear is Click Click Click Clikc when u hit the button its the starter!! and not the starter cylinoid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode