shees getting better - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

shees getting better

well i finally saved enough for a completely new suspension setup. up front i got quicksand fab. 2+1 arms blue lowers and chrome uppers, elka zero preload shocks, steel braided lines, and a denton steering stabilizer. in the rear im getting the shock rebuilt into a dual rate zero preload shock by elka, a about -1.5 road housing swingarm, also blue, a lonestar axle, and a steel braided line. [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img] in a couple weeks i should have the parts. i cant wait!! now i can start putting my 60+ horses to the ground and beat that 310R [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 12:02 PM

Re: shees getting better

must be fuggin awesome, those elkas I bet are nice
get some damn pics up!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 12:05 PM

I see the warrior was sold... [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I am guessing thats where all these nice parts are coming from [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

poor warrior, served its only purpose though [img]images/graemlins/chairfall.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 12:20 PM
Old Hand

I'd like to see some pics of it.

You didn't need the suspension to smoke the 310r either [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

I can't wait to get mine back (having electrical issues)

My warriors purpose is smoking 300's, and yes it serves it's purpose quite well [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 02:12 PM

your on bigboy [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

it loses me in the woods pretty good. at speed i pretty much get bounced off the bike, and the brakes are too soft with the stock lines. the stock shocks are worn out and they sucked to begin with im sure. now in a straight once i hook up i can beat it pretty good, i even smoked a CR250 once i got going [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

id like some pictures of it too! i keep telling you guys send me a digital camera or scanner and ill be glad to get some pics up [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] ill try to get some when its all together, should be a couple weeks untill i have everything
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2003, 12:37 AM
Old Hand

Anytime you wanna get SMOKED, you already know where to find me [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2003, 12:43 AM
Old Hand

What main jets are you running in your flat slides, right now I'm running 240's.

Could you pm me the total cost of your suspension set up? Now that i'm on the absolutly wonderful second shift, I'll be able to start racing again on sundays. Since my motor already rips, I need a different chassis set up. I'm running a magura 3/4 twist, and had to redo the cable at the top of the carbs. What did you end up doing? Did you make (or are you gonna make) the upgrade from t5's to tr6's?

I don't want to make it super wide, because I still wanna trail ride it some up at bull gap. And there is alot of tight woods up there.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2003, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

i have 350s in my carbs right now seems to run good

the carbs came with either a twist throttle or a thumb, i chose the twist.

it was about 2400-2500 for everything, arms, swinger, shocks, lines, damper, axle. i HIGHLY recommend the quicksand racing arms. they are camber/caster adjustable, chromoly arms for 500 bucks you cant beat that a round housing swing arm with bearing carrier and brake stay is only 550. check out his site here

im sticking with the T5s, for a couple reasons 1)they are paid for 2) the TR6s look gay! haha

plus 2 arms will make it about 48 inches which i dont think is too wide

post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-24-2003, 02:03 AM
Old Hand

I kinda like the way they look.

That is wierd that your jetting is that rich, and I don't even run an airbox.

Why did you also get a different swingarm?

Thanks for the sight, when I'm done with mine, I'll post up pics [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode