Rode the predator - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-19-2003, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Rode the predator

one word....WOW

this thing flies, it is a raging bull on a leash, when you hit the throttle its taking the leash off, getting shot out of a cannon...the handling is a dream, stays flat no matter what, donuts, hard turns whatever the predator can do it perfect. Of course my friend needed to break it in, so i couldnt really get the power of it all, but occasionally I wound punch it

tears the ground up and throws it behind you, damn this machine is nice...
complaints:
1. seat is horrible, some places like a rock, others has lumps and humps....
2. my friends suspension stock at least is rock hard in the back, but tuning down the preload/com,pression, and upping the rebond should do it...
3. I think the center of gravity would be betting if the shock was adj. to have it sit lower, becasue on his it seems as it your hunched over the quad, not in it like my 300, I am sure loosing the rear shock should to the trick
4. from riding the 400, and 300 a lot, the preds front end seems wierd to me, nothing bad, just seems very strange looking at those really small fenders and front end makes me seem I am on top rather than inside....

my friend bought troy lee design plastic from the dealer off the guy who ice races himself for 250$, so now he has 2 sets of plastic

very nice quad, and I am glad to see my bud pay for it himself and not a daddies quad

as soon as he breaks it in, he will putting me in the dust, in adrag, but racing he is a goner, he is new to quads, and I know my quad like the back of my hand, and have really adjusted to it, know its weak points and can ride realy strong...

*just thought I would share*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-20-2003, 12:29 PM

Re: Rode the predator

Glad to see you like it!! I too have a Predator and love it!!(my husbands) I have a 400ex and had a 300ex last year and loved it also.I love the mid range on the PRedator and with a tooth dropped on the sprocket it pulls alot better.Also going wit ha direct carb and proper jetting and float bowl adj. makes this thing scream! [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]I hope he enjoys his new ride as much as I have enjoyed it......Tina
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-20-2003, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

yes, hows the 400ex coming??
the predator is a dream, but a tad heavy, but nothing for the awesome power of the dohc 500cc motor, putting out what?? 50hp at the crank, 45hp at the rear wheels! am I correct? My friends civic is at about 78hp [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 11:05 AM

To be honest.there has been alot of contrversy on the Hp.but I have seen my Dyno chart on the Predator with the trinity pipe and its dyno isapprox 51.2 (I would have to go back and lok again to be quoted) and that is with just a drop in filter...Yes, it is a bit heavier, but you really dont feel it too much when riding it...Oh, and my 400ex is coming along good thanks...I am going to get it ready for flattrack in a few more months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode