To Younge to big? psh - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2003, 01:07 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

To Younge to big? psh

i went to my local Suzuki dealership to look at a Z400 but the salesperson kept trying to convince me into getting a Z250 because im 15.. i kept trying to tell him ive been riding since i was 3 but he would not listin.. [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img] what are your thoughts on this? do you think hes right?(i dont s evilyis 12 years of experience not enough for 400cc? (btw im currently riding my parents 400cc arctic cat UTIL)

thanks! [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2003, 01:47 AM
raptor_rider

Re: To Younge to big? psh

its all about your riding ability and your common sence, I have a fourteen year old boy Im in the process of getting him a 400 EX and I have a fifteen year old boy who is riding a 500cc Preditor Dustn(15) handels his ride VERRY WELL, Tommy (14) is just graduating up from a Blaster, Its all about experiance, and SMARTS !!!!!!!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2003, 07:44 AM
ice

Get the 400cc. I am 14 and ride since i was 9.
And my dad wants me to ride a 350-400cc quad.

I am kinda interested in a Yamaha Warrior.

But don't take a Z250, it wont be fun for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2003, 04:57 PM
Warrior00

im 15. i ride a warrior and i can beast some kids on dbikes on a track they have beenr ding for like a yr. been riding since i was 8. i love my warrior the only thign i would like better is a yfz450 rode one nad feels more like a warrior/dont care for dads rappy seems high and ont feel safe.. and back 2 the orginal question. they cant sell u ne thing bigger then a 90 until u are 16/ 18 for AC atvs.. so. but iw ould go with the 400 grow into it. and stuff.. ice u need ne info on warriors send me a message
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2003, 05:49 PM

I would definetly buy the 400 for yourself. Although I bet the 250 would fit you a little better.

Thats another big deal too that Warrior00 said. Your lucky he's even willing to sell you a 250 according to the reccomended age for that quad.

I'm 13 and have been riding since I was 3. I'm used to racing Project Big Red and Project Raptor, so I want more speed than the 250. But I will admit that the 250 is more my size. I don't know about gettin me on the recommended 90CC quad. I'm not the lightest kid, so I've been known to bottom out some small quads. I've never ridden a 90 before, but the first week in August I will be riding a Kasea 90 fully modded by Trinity Racing and some other companies. It's said to be as fast as a 400 in the first 100 Yds.

Get the 400. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2003, 05:57 PM
TheRookie

I say go for the 400 if you can aford it. Because whats always good about a bigger atv or bike is that you can always grow into it witch makes it last even longer. But if ya can i say gor for the yfz450, but its your choice, both are great quads

[img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 06:42 AM
tony1034

Hey YoungGun,

I just got back from MX-338 in Southwick, Mass. My friend I met up there has a 9 year old daughter that races a fully modded 90cc Kasea, just like that Trinity bike you're going to ride. Her bike is fully-modded. +3 A-Arms, +1 swingarm and all the motor work you can do to it. It was done by Peak PowerSports. They are close to Trinity and used to sell Trinity stuff for their Kaseas. Her bike was wicked fast. Easily does 55-60 mph and thats geared for a MX track. She raced a Yamaha Blaster a few weeks ago and dusted it. So I think you'll probably be amazed at that Trinty Kasea. Don't forget to come back to this post and tell us what you thought of it. For anyone under 14 years old it makes for a great ATV, but at the cost of 5,000 to 12,000 dollars for a fully modded 90cc Kasea, most people would be better off buying a 250ex or Blaster for the money. But the 90cc two-strokes are sized right for the kids and weigh a lot less.

Tony P.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 07:00 AM
Can't Get Enough

Those ATV age reqirements are total [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]especially after Yamaha came out with the Raptor 50. How can Yamaha claim that the Raptor 50 is for riders above 6 and the 80 is for riders above the age of 12 when they share the same exact frame and weigh 237/243lbs. respectively! The scariest thing is that they put smaller tires on the 50 which would make the ATV more unstable. The manufactures going by engine size is the wrong way about it and instead should go by minimum rider height or weigh requiremnts. By their current standards, my 11 year old daughter daughter who is 5'2" and weighs 105lbs. should be riding the Raptor 50! I personally believe that she should be on a ATV with a medium sized frame (Blaster, Lakota) with a 125-250cc engine. I believe that you should buy a 400cc ATV and do not let the dealer steer you wrong with all of their smoke and mirror age reqirements!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 07:06 AM
Can't Get Enough

... by the way, her Aunt is 35 years old, 4'11" and weighs 95lbs soaking wet. By the same ATV industry guidelines she could buy a Kawasaki KFX700! In my opinion, both riders should be on the same size ATV. I would suggest that you use your best judgement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode