my first ride. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-13-2003, 11:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

my first ride.

For my seventeenth birthdayi convinced my dad to get him and me four wheelers. He got himself a 2002 Beartracker and me a 2002 Warrior. I had been fourwheeleing a little bit before but nothing serious just some easy trails on friends quads.

The first time i took out my warrior i went with a friend on some small trails by my house. We rode around doing easy little hills and windy trails. We came to a steep hard dirt hill that never really tops off it just ends and you have to come back down it. My friend was leading and turned around when he came to it knowing neither of us could make it up the hill.

Me, out of trying to be macho and curiosity, hit the throttle and started up the hill in second gear. About half way up the hill came to the realization that as far as i went up i had to come back down backwards. Without thinking i hit all the brakes and just sat there for a second (litteraly) trying to think of what the best plan of action would be. Then almost as soon as a stopped I started coming back down again. Before i knew it my quad was turning sideways and rolling down the hill. I luckily bailed off in time. After getting down to my fourwheeler all i thought that happened was slightly bent handlebars, bent light guard and scratched up plastic. I hopped on and everything ran just fine. But then my friend noticed that i had bent the rear axle. I rode back to my trailer in first not sure if highspeeds would ruin it and wanting to be cautious. Then i had to tell my dad that the first time i took out my fourwheeler i caused $400 dollars in damage.

I guess thats what you get for being a seventeen year old boy with nobody there to tell you no, and a natural urge to show off.

P.S. luckily my dad was understanding. But some of the men in my neighborhood were gonna show my dad and i a few trails but i couldn't cause i wrecked my quad. Now i everytime i see them i get to put up with their heckling.

oh well, it could be fixed... and now it is.

[img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2003, 02:18 AM
TheRookie

Re: my first ride.

ahh man that sux ...not as bad as my first ride though !Here I am at Mojave Desert in California where they have the "MDR Off-road Racing Series", well i took my uncles raptor out for a ride while him and my dad where doing some last minute mechanic touches to their Baja bug, i was ridding with my 2 little cousins and this hot chick that was the same age as me. And being an idiot teen as i am now I try'd to show off and went for the biggest hill to just go up it and make a U turn (cuz i thought it was a cool thing to do/impress her) so I went up and i was about 3/4 the way up and the quad didnít wanna go any farther.

The back wheels where digging deeper into the sand so to try to jiggle it out...instead of moving side to side or just getting off it I leaned backwards [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] <--thatís my face when i found out that me and the quad where falling backwards. No I didnít tumble down neither did the Quad but we both just fell backwards and planted into the sand. I broke 3 ribs and was in terrible pain but at first I didnít notice because i was in a hurry to get up and act like it didnít hurt to make me look like i wasnít a wuss in front of the young lady. well i figured out i couldnít get up bye my self so they all helped me out. At the time I didnít know it was broken and we still had to stay at the Desert for 2 more nights + the closest hospital was about 1 hour away. My dad wasnít real mad and sent a friend to take me to the hospital to get fixed up and to come back for the 2 nights we had to stay there...THE MEDIC BILL ! $700.00

That was 2 years ago when i was 15 and i have never crashed that bad since then (crashed only twice in the past).
Learn from your mistakes and others right ? I think we all had are moments

[img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode