2004 Yamaha YFZ-450 Dyno Chart - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-04-2003, 12:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

2004 Yamaha YFZ-450 Dyno Chart

We were lucky enough to get the quad early and test it. This should give you an idea of what kind of power it makes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-04-2003, 02:19 AM
Old Hand

Re: 2004 Yamaha YFZ-450 Dyno Chart

Cool,thanks for the info

And if people want more power out of the machine, change to an aftermarket air filter, remove the air box lid, and play with the jetting. Or just remove the whole air box and run a k/n. [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2003, 10:00 PM

would have expected more out of that engine but I guess it is right, for a underbored 439cc engine in a quad chassis
looks like a awesome gain
I saw the stck exhaust tip exit, damn it must restrict a lot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2003, 11:26 AM

It's nice to see a dyno chart for this quad finally. I have to laugh at Yamaha though, my local Yamaha dealer is telling it's customers that the factory is claiming 30 something hp stock, and also that the factory claims just by pulling the baffle out of the stock pipe and going up 2 jet sizes in the carb it supposedly puts out 45hp (to the ground, not at the crankshaft) lol I also heard the thing is extremely quiet (something like 82dba stock), how loud is it wit hthe FMF exhaust? Will it still pass the 93 dba sound check in the Oregon Dunes National Rec. Area? Also while on the sound level subject, I have a modified '88 250R with the FMF Fatty pipe, and right now with an LRD silencer it sound checks in at 94dba at an idle, does FMF have any silencers out now or anything in the works that should quiet it down to around 90 dba? I don't want to get fined for being to loud, but love the power the FMF pipe gives me right now.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-06-2003, 07:46 PM
gnd111

Yep -- it shows 32HP stock... Your point??? [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2003, 12:32 PM

My point is that my local dealer is claiming that they get 45 hp using the stock pipe just removing the baffle, and going up 2 jet sizes in the carb, if FMF isn't getting at least 45hp to the ground with their new pipe either my dealer is intentionally lying to customers just to make a buck, or the factory lied to their own dealers.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2003, 08:00 PM

yes, every article i read said "more than 40hp stock!!"
its BS [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

they just love to overrate things, although I am sure that with a pipe you will see some incredible gains
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-07-2003, 08:58 PM

maybe FMFs pipe sucks [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2003, 12:07 PM
Old Hand

My 426 makes about 33 to 35 hp choked up from the dealer. If you remove the restrictors, throttle stop, air box boot, muffler baffle,,remove grey wire and ajust your jetting accordingly, you can get anywhere to 42 to 44 hp at the rear wheel. If you change the cam timing to yz settings you can get up to 45, and a different pipe could get you maybe 2 more. Your dealer was lying about the 45hp out of a 4 wheeler at the rear wheel, without some motor work. A stock cannondale only put out 33hp ACTUAL HP at the rear wheel. Even though a cannondale doesn't make 40 hp at the rear wheels, they're still pretty fast. And if you've seen this bike in action, you can tell already that it moves. The motor has potential, and the ability on the track to beat anything. Yamahas 400/426/450 motor design has more potential for power then honda's does. That's why they, and they alone own the 5 valve genesis design. If they had the head ported, bumped up the compression, (its at 11.9 to one) my bike is at 12.5 to 1. Installed a full exhaust, then you might see around 45 hp. And stock for stock yamaha's 450 motor makes more peak hp then honda's does.

But if honda does get off there lazy butt and makes something better (all around) and more reliable then this bike, then that's what I'll buy to replace the hopped up warrior for my trail machine. Anytime someone comes out with a new sport machine, it's good news for all of us. A "liquid cooled" 4 wheeler, with rebuildable shocks that runs like my 426 dirt bike........ Sign me up! [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-09-2003, 03:40 PM
TheRookie

The Dealer probably added a few HP because of its light weight. The engine may be pumping out below 40 hp but the light weight of the quad makes up for the differnece. As if a 45 hp quad ways 200 pounds more then the YFZ its overall HP is about the same because the Pounds will drop the engine HP. (not actual facts but my theory) [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode