New Rider - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2003, 02:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

New Rider

I've been looking for a hobby for sometime now and have decided on quad riding. I'm interested in the kawasaki kfx700 (mainly for the automatic and nice engine) but am I over killing it as a first time rider? I'd rather not have to buy another one in a few years and just get used to this instead, but I don't know...

Also, how would I go about meeting other riders in my area? I don't think riding alone will be much fun...

Jester Warrior from CA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2003, 01:11 PM

Re: New Rider

the 700 might be a handful for a new rider, but if you take it slow and easy getting used to riding it, you might be ok (at least you won't have to worry about getting used to a clutch or shifting), as for finding other riders, it's never safe to go riding alone, if you crash and get hurt, you could die out in the middle of nowhere waiting for somebody to find you, I would print out some cards like business cards ,with your email address or phone # asking other Quad riders in your area to contact you because you are looking for riding buddies,and ask the dealer if you can put them on the front counter next to the cash register. the dealer may also be able to help you make some contacts, and check online for riding clubs in your area too, there are a lot of clubs in Cali from whta, I've seen online, good luck
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2003, 02:11 PM
350camaro

I am also a new rider, I just got a KFX400 2 weeks ago. For me the 400 has more then enough power, I am 5'7" 150lbs I could not imagine trying to learn on a 700.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2003, 02:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

That is good to know. The one thing that is really keeping me from going with the 400 is the automatic trans. I think I'm going to like that option in the 700.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode