Need 2 Know - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 06:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Need 2 Know

I am about to buy a new sport quad and was just wondering if I could get a little feedback on wich one I should buy, right now my choices are Suzuki's Z400 and Honda's 400EX. I'm having a tough time deciding and thought that I should get a few peoples opinions before forking over the cash. Any info would be appreciated!
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 06:36 PM

Re: Need 2 Know

I feel the Z400 is the way to go, it's watercooled,has more power than the 400ex, similar handling (which is great on both quads), and I believe it is also 4 lbs or so lighter than the 400ex, and that's even with reverse. Also should you decide to modify it someday, the dual overhead cam watercooled engine has more potential to make some serious power. The only complaint I have ever heard about on the z400, was the first year models had some problems with weak rear axles, but from what I've heard ,they fixed that now, so no glaring problems with either quad now. basically you get more quad for the same price with the Suzuki,and if you don't like yellow or white, Kawasaki has it in green (KXF400) exact same quad so all parts are interchangable, just different color, with possibly a redish orange comming soon (since the kxf700 is available in that color now, the 400 most likely will have it as an option too soon)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 08:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks man, I was leaning more towards the Z I never liked that the EX was air-cooled I know hondas are almost indestructable, but like you said more quad for the money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 08:38 PM

both nice, honda is highly moddable, and very reliable, z is a little more powerful, liquid cooled and reverse, i would go with what evr u can find a better deal on
[img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 08:40 PM

yeah definetly, personally i love Hondas,and ride a '88 250r, but I have been looking at the Z400 for the wife too, so much nicer for the same money as the Honda, I can't ignore the value in it, if Honda ever came out with a watercooled 400 with reverse, I would most likely switch back again, but for now there's no reason to buy red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode