LT Z400 or wait for LT Z250? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2003, 10:47 AM
350camaro

LT Z400 or wait for LT Z250?

I am trying to decide if I should wait for the Suzuki LT Z250 to come out or go for the LT Z400. I don't want to get the z400 if I wont be able to handle it, I am 5'7" 150lbs. Most of the riding I plan on doing will be on trails and there is a big sand pit in the area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2003, 10:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: LT Z400 or wait for LT Z250?

How old are you, and what is your riding experience? [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] I would say go for the z400, you will more than likely just outgrow the z250 quickly. But all depends on your experience
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2003, 11:09 AM
350camaro

I am 30 years old, this will be my first ATV. I used a 250ex a couple of times but not much experiance. I was considering the z400 because I don't wan't to get a 250 and then up grade in a year and loose a lot of money, but I also don't want to get one that is too big.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2003, 11:41 AM
Mike_socal

I would not get the 250 if I were you. I have a 400ex with a filter, jet kit, and pipe and it's by no means fast. Makes a good wife bike. At the least get a z400 if you're just starting out. It's got the 4 stroke low end for learning/putting around and seems to have the top end for you to grow in to. Honda could have done much better by putting in a stronger motor.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2003, 12:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Considering your age I would say go with the z400, you are old enough to know not to get on there and open it up to full throttle, and flip it and go [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] And I would say if you get the z250 your skill will quickly outgrow the quad. So that is what I say. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2003, 02:19 PM
tony1034

I'm 32 and just last July bought my first ATV, a 400ex. I think it's even a better starter bike than a 250ex. The suspension, brakes and power make it very easy to ride and throw around. I like having a clutch and chain drive. If I were you I'd get the Z400. I was going to buy the Z400 last year, but heard about all the rear axle problems. They have updated the axle for this year (the KFX came out later and has no axle issues). It makes 32 Hp stock and has reverse and liquid cooling.

Good luck!
Tony P.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 09:14 AM
350camaro

Thanks for the replies, I got a Kawasaki KFX400.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 09:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Congratulations man, That is great to hear. Do you like it so far? Gotta love that green. We just got a White Z400 this past weekend, and I like it so far. [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2003, 12:01 PM
350camaro

It is great, I am taking it easy while I get used to riding. I am glad I went with the 400, the hand clutch is a lot better then the automatic clutch on the 250's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode