Banshee is backfirering on the right side - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2003, 03:42 AM
Carnage

Banshee is backfirering on the right side

98 Banshee, .30 with wiseco pro-lites, Boyesen reed valves, jet-kit, Dg silencers, motion pro twist throttle kit. Barnett K clutch,X-ring chain.

After riding my banshee for a complete day (every weekend), I parked it at my friend house for about 1 hour or 2 and I had my friend drive my banshee back at my house (I had my car), anyways,as I was following my friend down the street, I realised that my right silencers backfired a few times in the first 0-5 minutes of riding, it was perfect after 5 min (no more backfirering). Im just wondering what should I be looking at, Could this be a week coil or something. I did a compression test in it and it was perfect to specs., I also put new spark plugs in it but it still did not help. Or maybe I'm not warming up the motor long enought, how long should I warm it up before taking off????? I have swish the carb to see if it would help and its still the same.
Or maybe crank seals or something ????????

This problems is driving me crazy. I have spent days looking for the problem and still no luck

Thanks for your time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2003, 04:58 AM
Old Hand

Re: Banshee is backfirering on the right side

What fuel mixture are you running and what octane? I don't have a back firing problem with mine. Have more mods done to mine, but it's happiest running at least a race gas/premium pump fuel mix. Most of the time I just run straight 105 octane race gas with a golden spectro 52 to 1 mix. I let mine warm up at least 5 mins before I take off on it and ride it slow for another five min's and try not to lug the motor, or wick the throttle for that extra 5 min.
After that it's pin it and let her rip as usual.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2003, 08:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Pull both plugs out. They should both be a medium brown color. If your bad cylinder, the back-firing one, is burning the plug a gray or white color, then you might want to replace the crank seals. If they are the same color, then check your coil/wiring/ignition for loose connections or bad ignition parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-02-2003, 06:46 PM
Carnage

I run 94 octane gas, with Yamalube 2-R racing oil mix at 30:1
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-03-2003, 07:06 AM
Old Hand

You might want to do a leak down test. How many hours do you have on your topend? I'd try an octane booster too, if you don't have any race gas available to you locally.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-03-2003, 09:46 AM
Carnage

A leak Down Test????????????????????????
Top end was just done about 6 months ago
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-03-2003, 03:57 PM
bodgecr250

if the scilencer dosnt have a spark arrester it will at times shoot sparks n stuff out if there is gas or carbon built up in it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode