Whats With No Reverse?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 03:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Whats With No Reverse??

Im only new at the ATV market and am looking at buying a new Predator500.
The only thing thats got me worried is the fact that it has no reverse.

I will mainly be riding it around tracks and through forests. I am thinking that no reverse will get me it some tight and anoying situations.

Maybe its not that big of a deal.
How do you guys that own ATV's with no reverse find it??

Also for those who already have Predators, how are they? And have you had many worries?

Im open for any sugestions that anyone might have.

THANX!! [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 03:16 PM

Re: Whats With No Reverse??

Not having reverse is not that big of a deal. it helps more when your backing out of the garage , But if you dont have it you might have to get off the bike kinda often to swing the ass end around . The trick is to know where your going or might be going and park or avoid all those spots you may need to back up. Its more of a luxury than an nessicity. As far as the predator don't know any one with one but me and my friend went to look at them he is going to buy it . It has fox shocks all around, Hyd clutch , And you can get the package with the bike that has it all done up. Has full skid plates , slip on pipe and probably jetted. Also haz razars all around. Awsome looking bike ! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 03:47 PM

no reverse isnt that bad, jsut kinda bad to get off your quad and push, and it always helps to have reverse in a mud hole to blip the gas and push...but u gotta live ithe it, and seeming that the predator is like 420 punds it shouldnt be to fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 03:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Reverse is really nice where we ride. Especially in those tight trails that you have never been down and have to turn around. After having to get off and turn one around all day you wonder why everyone doesn't have reverse.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 04:26 PM

Oh yea I am not saying I don't love my reverse. Well there was thetime when it got stuck and the cops came to find me and I couldn't go foward. Ian prob rembers that post! But it was the only prblm I ever had and it was my fault it was sticking up at the house in the cold weather and needed a little lube and it would of benn fine . I like it when I can just back out of the garage and just go . I get kinda lazy so I don't want to get off the dam thing to turn it around. I was just saying you can still get the predator if you want. The raptor has reverse! Get that [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 09:55 PM

i ride trails and i find reverse isnt that important..even on my bikes with reverse i dont use it i find it faster usually to push or just throw the front around than to goof with the reverse and slooowly back up. just take the heel gaurds off and dont get nerfs so you can just push with your feet while on the bike [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2003, 11:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The pred is sweet

but no reverse can be a real bummer, so far in this thread i see that most dont really worry about it and im sure Ian "like the rest of the world" hates his 300ex reverse , but i remember a race two years ago , i was in a H/S in WV an i was in a 37 quad start,mostly 400ex's and a few wariors and my raptor
anyway there was a crash on the start and i did not end up with good position, about 12th or so when we got to the woods about 1 min in i rounded a turn and found about 8 quads bottlenecks so bad guys were getting off their bikes and pushin them back , well i just threw it in reverse and went around, what did that get me you say, SECOND PLACE! I know that having reverse wont help you get any faster but i do feel that one of the few things polaris did wrong was not to include reverse on their fine machine

In a nutshell
I would not buy a bike to race without it
[img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

by the way, the pred ,even without reverse, is a sweet machine
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2003, 05:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey thanx for the great advise.
I think i made my mind up.
Im gunna go for a raptor!!

A few reasons led me that way.
One it has reverse. I think it would be really handy for where i want to ride.
And second, I can get the raptor cheaper in Australia.
I think the parts would also be cheaper and easier to come by.

I havnt heard many bad things about the raptor.
Preds are still a new quad and they havnt yet gone through there paces!
[img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2003, 05:49 PM

i fixed my reverse set-up becasue it was horrible, no i can lift this lever with my foot on the left side of engine, real quick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode