Blaster vs. Warrior vs. Banshee vs. Raptor - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2003, 11:32 PM
Serpent30

Blaster vs. Warrior vs. Banshee vs. Raptor

Im planning on getting a sport ATV in the near future.
Ive owned quads in the past ('97 500 Scrambler, '99 Xplorer 250 4x4) however I have never owned a one with a manual clutch. However, I can drive a car with a manual tranny.
Im 5'10" and 170 pounds. I dont plan to do any racing, but I want to step up to a sport quad. Basically, I just plan to ride trails.
Would a Blaster be too small for me? A friend of mine has an '89 Blaster and its nice but it seems so small. Is that just a thing with a sport ATV? (Short wheelbase = tighter turns)
I rode a Raptor at a Yamaha dealer today and it was very nice (then again, for $6500 it should be REAL nice) but I dont really feel I need the 660 and I feel that the Blaster's 200cc 2-stroke should provide more than enough power.
Also, the Blaster's $3200 price tag is very appealing. If nothing else, a person could ride the Blaster for a few years and then trade it for something bigger and faster.
Anyways, tell me what you think.

- Run what you brung, hope you brung enough...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2003, 08:59 PM
tony1034

Re: Blaster vs. Warrior vs. Banshee vs. Raptor

If you have the money, get a new Z/KFX 400. It has Reverse, 32Hp stock and a great suspension. Easily get 35+ Hp with a full pipe, jet kit and air filter. If you don't have the money, then I'd look no further than a used 400ex. They are still a great machine and you can get a used one for 3500-4200 bucks. Probably get a few freebies in it too like nerfs, bumper sprockets , exhaust, jetting, etc .... I wouldn't waste my money on the Blaster. You'll grow tired of it real quick. I'm the same height and weight as you and love my 400ex. Its perfect for me.

Tony P.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2003, 10:29 PM

warrior(too small, air cooled, heavy no power compared to the "big boys")
blaster(way too small, shouldnt be a quad, requires high maintence, shocks and design suck)
banshee(requires some expirence, i would go with a 4 stroke)
raptor(be prepared to flip over, that is one tippy a$$ machine, good power but would sudgest others)

ALL and ALL i would go with either, kfx/z (very nice power, handling and suspension and realiable) OR cannondale(very expirenced in quads, actually the only quad company that got there sh!t together, i am hoping some one will buy them but from the looks of it they filed ch.11 [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]) OR 400ex(ahh the infamous 400ex, good power, air cooled (no good) no reverse, alsthough mods are easy to find and very realiable, the quad that almost everyone owns)
PERSONALLY I AM VERY UPSET WITH THE ATV INDUSTRY, I THINK IT SUCKS A LOT, VERY DISSAPOINTED! ALMOST AS DISSAPOINTED WITH IT AS GEORGE W. BUSH!!
i would look into a dirtbike, or wait till the fall, becasue honda is coming out with their new quad, which is everything a man wants in a 4 wheeler

ALL MY .2 CENTS, BUTT I THINK WE ALL KNOW ITS MOSTLY TRUE [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 06:57 AM

all in all ian hasn't rode a raptor or a banshee, and i don't even know about a warrior, so don't really listen to him to much, he just likes to act like he knows what he's talkin about [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]...i'd say easiest to ride in the group is a warrior, the blaster is like..the lightest...most "flickable" machine in that group, just easy to throw around, raptor is the best on the trails in that group, and as far as a banshee goes, never rode one, couldn't really tell you where it comes into play, obviously it's not too easy to ride, doesn't do too well on trails, i'd get that if u wanted some fun in flatter, more wide open spaces....
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 07:10 AM
Old Hand

The banshee is a blast almost everywhere after you get used to it, and it won't stay stock for long if you buy one. I own the warrior and the banshee. There both fun to me, but both of my machines are much faster then stock ones too. If your going to buy a new machine, get a z400.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 03:45 PM

i think josh doesnt even like quads that muvh so he doesnt have a say much either [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] will 2nd what 96warrior said, go with a Z
now i have ridden both blaster and warrior, no raptor but have heard too many stories, and seen a couple race that were stock and they sucked, going really slow casue they can tip easy as hell, a banshee is play and simply common sense...i personally hate both blaster and warrior, and yes i know here comes jsoh and 98warrior to give some smartass coment "hes mad that the warrior will beat him"
well let me tell all of you something, i research quads more than i ride, i when riding the warrior i was clearly not impressed one bit, riding a few blaster was kinda fun but shocks were horrible and it was a tad small, the warrior was a complete dissapointment, i thought it was similar to a 400exx, i was wrong, and to find it bulky, and sort of underpowered for its size...and here comes raptor_rider to say "and he says a blaster and warrior are underpowered compared to a 300ex"
well i take no pride in having a 300ex, i made the biggest mistake of my life getting that quad, and jsut want the thing to be sold so i can get anything at all thats bigger,
i was liking the 400ex, but again the air cooling and no reverse was kinda gay if ya no what i mean, good power back in the day for a 4 stroke if ya know what i mean, it is not the top dog at all anymore but its handling was very impressive
other quads to look into are the cannondale line-up, great quads, like 98warrior says "ahead of all other companies" and "first company to stop mkaing these sissy machines" or something along those lines [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
cannible is around 6000 now and is one of the nicest machines for that price, also the speed and blaze....
i am selling the 30 in the spring/summer to look into a 250mx bike (4 stroke) or hondas "new quad " that they should be soming out with
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 04:44 PM

I am throwing my 2 cents in . I don't care if you don't want to hear it don't read it [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Okay I have a warrior , can't complain has benn pretty reliable . My personal opinnion is its to heavy frnt end . My cousin and my G/F share the 300ex . I like to screw around with that thing awesome at wheeling ral easy to pull up and handles good. Banshee (fast) I rode my friends quite a few times . Trail riding kinda sucks for all the people behind you because you have to keep on it so if your not dusting them your throwing [bleep] all over them . And just like us we really don't care to ride with him . He doesn't ride with us alawys ahead . If you ride it slow or putz around you will foul out the plugs. Blaster my opinionway to small I'm 5'11" so my knees hit thee frnt fenders. But the new brakes are nice. Raptor my friend has one rode it alot very fast tourqy but he is selling it for a predator. I really didn't like the way it handled in the trails seemed kinda top heavy it feels like your set up to high and are going to tip never did but feels akward. My friends 400ex I love he has had the least problems out of all of us handles great plenty of power and has alot of aftermarket things to work it up. No reverse . Z400 .. cant say much about them rode one once and not far or in the trails. Nice machine but still fairly new so they might have bugs in them still. I would have to say go with the 400ex! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 07:42 PM

i have room to talk because ive had more experience on a wider variety of fourwheelers than yourself IAN [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 07:50 PM

thats it josh, lets go...i am going to drop you [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]

[img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2003, 06:39 AM
Old Hand

Lol [img]images/graemlins/spank.gif[/img]

The drz400 has always been a reliable dirt bike, so I'd say it's a safe bet that it will have a good reliabitlity record like the 400ex. Rodney smith hand granaded a tranny last year at a worcs race, but he was running a yoshimura stroker motor. Never heard of stock or lightly modified ones having any problems. I have ridden all the above, but only rode a raptor around a parkinglot for a little bit, so it wouldn't be fair for me to judge it. 400ex is fun and trouble free, but for some trails where I ride reverse is nice to have. I'm too big for a blaster or a stock 300ex. My banshee is fun, but you have to mix the gas, so I need to get a bigger tank so I can make it back to the truck for refueling. My warrior is a lot of fun, everyone that rides it seems to think so too. But it also has alot of motor work done to it. If it where my money, I'd get the z400. It has all the warriors features, with a 400ex style chassis and good liquid cooled motor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode