new guy ? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 09:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

new guy ?

New to ATVs rode all my life, last bike 93 CR500. Have not rode in a few years and would like to back with a ATV. Was looking at the Predator and the Raptor. Price is not the issue and I am not brand loyal but quality is an issue and I am a big guy at 6'2 and 250. Any comments would be appreciated, this would be used for MX and trails. Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 10:29 AM

Re: new guy ?

both quads you mentioned seem to be great rides from what I have seen people say here on the boards, of those 2 I would probably buy the raptor if I were you, only because you mentioned trail riding. from what I saw when I checked out the Predator at the local dealership, they seem a bit wide and long for trail riding (at least compaired to the Raptor) but the choice is yours, just buy whatever feels right for you and enjoy. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 01:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I love the raptor for the trails. I haven't been able to see or ride the polaris in person but from what I hear from others its alot better suited for the track than the trail. The raptor is also supposed to be more comfortable those longer rides. Just depends on which you will be doing more of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 09:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yeah the raptors awesome ..my friend just got one and it could smoke any atv around my neighborhood [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 10:23 PM

which would be...an old honda trx90 and a 1988 yamaha blaster with k+n powerbands??
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 10:26 PM

and racecrazy, at 6 2 the raptor may be a bit small for you...not really sure what could be better on trails than that, i know you could handle it if you were last on a CR500...but it may seem a bit small, but that's not always bad, easier to throw around and have fun with...i'd say see if u can catch a ride on both of them and see which one u like more, don't take other people's word, go try them out for yourself
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 07:39 AM
Old Hand

LOL!

Since your a bigger guy you might want to take a gander at a ds 650 baja.

Or since you might still like a 2 stroker, a new or used banshee. Modified banshee=lot's of fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode