anybody out there near Klamath Falls Oregon ? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

anybody out there near Klamath Falls Oregon ?

I live near Klamath Falls, Oregon, and am always looking for somebody to go riding with. I'm 35/married with 2 kids,so I don't get too wild when I go out riding, but still like to open up the throttle sometimes. I have a modified '88 honda 250r, and use it mostly to ride trails (I've never raced other than on fireroads with friends), but thinking about possibly trying a few races at the local track in Keno Oregon this spring just for fun. I know a few 400ex's and Raptors have been sold in the Klamath area the past few years, so hope some of you are reading and loking for riding buddies, nobody in my neighborhood has quads other than old utility models, and a few really old 3 wheelers with no suspension (kinda boring to ride with) lol I am usually available to ride weekdays 8am until around 3 pm, and occasionally on weekends too from around late September up until late march early April, then gone most the summer. Hope to hear from others in the area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 11:54 PM

Re: anybody out there near Klamath Falls Oregon ?

John,

We are going to be living up in Eastern Oregon after about June. We will be quite aways from Klamath Falls but maybe we can hookup somewhere in between.

Also some buddy's here are planning a trip to St. Anthony Dunes this summer.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

What part of eastern Oregon are you going to be in? I'm between Klamath and Lakeview, in a small town called Sprague River, about 1 1'2 to 2 hrs from Silverlake sand dunes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 07:06 AM

im moving out to around salem/portland after i graduate...either of u around there? [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

I'm about 3 hrs from Salem, 5 hrs from Portland.

Dean, the St Anthony dunes trip sounds like it's gonna be great, but unfortunately summer is a bad time for me to make any fun plans since I work all summer long traveling to fight fires all over the country. I leave home for 2 weeks minimum at a time,and only get 2 days off every 2 to 3 weeks.Can only really make plans to do anything between around mid september ,up until early to mid April.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 12:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

hi John

I live between La Pine and Bend. Ride snowmobiles mostly, but just bought a used Raptor which immediately broke second gear the first time I rode it at the dunes near Christmas Valley.Are these the Silver Lake dunes you refer to?. I'm pretty flamed about the Craptor, as they're known. The '01 model had many tranny failures and Yamaha won't provide any goodwill warranty help. I have to get it back from the dealer in Bend and fix it myself. If this ever happens maybe we can ride sometime.

Jay [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 06:35 AM

Spra, do u know dave moore? owner of MPracing out there..u must..u musta seen him at the dunes one time ore another...how's the weather out where your at? are you farther in toward the coast than portland?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

Jay,
yes those are the same dunes, I haven't had a chance to go duning yet since I've been here in Oregon, I live about 30 miles east of Chiloquin so yeah when you get it fixed we'll have to meet somewhere and throw some dirt lol

Josh,
no I live on the east side of the cascades, down about 50 miles from the Cali border about 125 miles east of Medford and I-5 and no I've never heard of Dave Moore or MP racing,my quad was already built up when I bought it,and I've never had a chance to hit the dunes with it yet
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 01:50 AM
maxb750

Hey guys,

I'm new to this site and just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Max and I live in Troutdale, Oregon.(about 12 miles east of Portland) My buddy and I are always looking for people to ride with us. We both have Raptors and love to ride. We mostly ride at Sandlake at the coast and Browns camp which is right next to it. Florence and CoosBay are next up for summer. Anyways, we'd love to hook up with people and drink a few beers and ride.

Max
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

If you ever see a black Honda 250r, with red/yellow flame FMF graphics kit and bright purple fuel tank, and a guy drinking insane ammounts of Classic Coke out there, stop by and say Hi to me lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode