Darn cops or maybe Darn me? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Darn cops or maybe Darn me?

Well this weekend I was out on the fourwheeler on sat. I rode with 2 buddys down the side of a railroad bed to a bar in our local town. We went there had about 2or 3 beers with lunch shot a game of pool. Left the bar went back across the street and sat there for a bit to let the fourwheelers warm up before we went on our ride home or wherever.Well I put the quad in reverse to back up and turn around. The next thing I know my buddys take off just like I probably would of done and tried but the quad was stuck in reverse.I seen the cop walking up the hill and yanked on the damm handle but it was so cold out it was pretty stiff and didn't want to go foward . So he got even closer struggled with it a little more and by that time it was to late he was almost on top of me . So I just shut the bike off and played the routine . I asked him how could I help him and what was I in trouble for. He said there were compliants about gunshots or firecrackers. So thats why he was there. He also said then I was on private property , rail road property . I guess never really cared or went about it to find out if it was private property. I never seen any signs anywhere saying private or no atv's or anything of the sort. So he decided to impound the quad just great. So I took my key and my helmet and walked acrosss the street and went to a pizza place and called on the good old Nextel for someone to come and get me . Now I am awaiting charges from the railroad company and I have to go get the quad out of impound it will be around $120.00 that suks. So I guess the moral of the story is to stay out of reverse if you don't need it , or just make sure its working real good before you go out. I think a little wd-40 would of helped out at the house before this one! [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 07:11 PM

Re: Darn cops or maybe Darn me?

hahaha, waht nice freinds you got, to jsut drive away...i did the "reverse mod" to my quad where i jsut have to pull a lever up and back dwon in any gear with my foot, so i am good to go [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Heal I would of benn right there with them but It's better to have one in trouble than all 3 . My reverse does pull up and back for reverse , then up and foward to go foward again . I couldn't get it up hahah sounds like a personal problem hugh!! [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 07:25 PM

Dumbass!! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

I knew that was coming [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Even though its the most stupid thing that I wouldn't want anyone to know I had to tell you guys. I just couldn't keep it in anymore . Anyways the forum was slowing down . Had to give something to talk about . Hows the Dog!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 01:19 PM

great [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], he wont lay down he jsut continues to bite me and all my things
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Thats funny . I have to get a new dog in the spring , Mine got run over not to long ago that sucked! [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 04:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I don't blame your friends for tourin either. I've toured many times, why should we all get fined really? I've had friends tour on me too....and I got stuck with fines. But what can you do really? I think we've all been lucky and unlucky... i just count my blessings, like getting charged for no registration but not drinking and driving and loosing my liscence as a result....
Well, thats my input for the day! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Yup and the dum cop asked who they were like I was really going to tell him I just said 2 guys I met up with they rode to the bar togeather and I shot a game of pool with the one but didn't even know there names! He probably didn't believe me I wouldn't balame him but oh well. What we usually do if we get chased while riding we let all the slower quads go first, and the fastest stay in the back and piss them off even worse. Its alawys nice to ride with someone with a raptor!. My buddy will stop and turn in the road and go right towards them then he just burns them after we all get a good head start! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 05:47 PM
bodgecr250

u could have another one of those cases when some1 sews for [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]! what is ur quad? u can sew the company for the lously reverse mechanism!! [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode