Off Roading Forums banner

just read and find out

821 views 14 replies 2 participants last post by  300EXrider 
G
#1 ·
Aight im 14 and own a YZ-85 (2003) i was just wondering what i should get for a 4x4 and i was thinking a Z-400. I am very experienced in racin mx and dont plan on racing and i no the law bout 16 and that retard stuff but u i dont want to ride a atv smaller then me. so if u could give me some help thanx

G
#3 ·
yeah i no its not a 4x4 but i dont no if i can handle it.
i also want to no if it will have a lot more snap and i just want to trail ride mainly
(dont really like 2-strokes very much)

#4 ·
how do u know if you don't like two strokes? how many different two strokes have you ridden other than that yz85?? how many fourstrokes have you ridden? yea the Z will have decent snap, but if u don't know if you can handle it then look into something smaller like a 300ex or warrior....or just sell your yz85 and get something like an xr200 for trail riding, of course that 85 is gonna have nothing as far trail riding goes, you have to overrev it to the max to get it to do ne good in teh woods

G
#5 ·
what i mean is i will mainly us it for trails but i dont want to get rid of my yz i just dont like fouling plugs and the high maintinence of a 2stroke. I was also wondering if the 400 would be harder to handle (like a lot harder)

G
#6 ·
i got my 400ex today. I've been riding my 1998 honda 300 now for 5 years & im 15. It was quite a machine. The 400ex is much better & not so hard to handle. I figure the z400 is the same. Get a used 2002 400ex in good condition & it will save you about $2,000. Its hard to find used z400's b/c there so new but if you got the money than go ahead & get one. Stick with honda though & if you dont, dont get a 2 stroke.

G
#11 ·
yeah i didnt pay for my other toys but im paying 1/2 for this because my bro is gona ride it too. Yeah im proud of not havin to pay for my toys that way i bet the hell out of it and they pay for it

G
#14 ·
if this kid realized how much fun u can have on an 85cc 2 stroke he would never want a 4 stroke. also travis you are not supposto foul plugs, your bike is jetted rich. jett it and you probly wont foul a plug for a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.