Should i get this *1988 honda 250x* HELPPPPPPP - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 04:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Should i get this *1988 honda 250x* HELPPPPPPP

What up, i found a great cond 88 250x for a good price! how is this quad? i want this quad for stuning like wheelies and stuff does this quad have good enuff power for nice wheelies and such????? how is the overall performance of this quad??

thanx alot

All advice is needed [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 06:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Should i get this *1988 honda 250x* HELPPPPPPP

keep savin up & get a 250r or a 300ex [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2003, 08:22 PM

250x is really jsut a 300ex with different crank and bore, otherwise, if it looks nice, not too much rust, check it out, look under plastics etc. yes the 250x and 300ex are great quads with tons of low-end, i can pull wheelies with a little tug in 4th now with a pipe, and 1 2 and 3 are a breeze to shift through the gears when "wheelieing" otherwise good size power and great for all-around riding, also it is open for mods, it is easy to find anyhting you want for it from Exhuast pipes, to jet kits to plastics, to a-arms and shocks, its all possible, how much is it? make sure not too much wear on the engine, if could be going, check the oil, test ride it etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2003, 09:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

my x's do great wheelies just like 300exrider said but i wouldnt try anything really wild due to the fact i saw a kid take too big of a jump and the entire frame snapped at the joint right above the front shocks, needless to say his frame was trashed, so i wouldnt be trying nack-nacks and the bigger stunts or you might trash your bike
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 02:56 AM
MXTrackChick

i just bought a 87 250x and it is an awesome quad for the price and its in perfect condition pretty much except for a couple cracks in the plastic and the original tires are a little worn.. it looks like a 2 yr old quad instead of a 16 yr old quad.. it runs good.. theres quite a few parts available for it.. and of course honda is adaptable/interchangeable so u can switch with like 400ex a arms and such...
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 11:29 AM

Hey dude You meant get a 250x Or a 300ex right. If the kid trys to wheelie a 250r with not to much riding experiance he is probably going to bust the grab bar and end up on his asssss which wont feel to good. Go with the 300Ex , It is very modable and a fun bike to ride! [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 01:17 PM

i dont think 400exman understands thats all, landing on your grab bar wont do anything, its there to keep you from bustin your tail light and exhaust, now fallen on your ass does hurt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode