Skyhark 250 HP spec and info - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-03-2003, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Skyhark 250 HP spec and info

Trying to clear the air on this topic, so I figured I'm make it a separate thread.

I just called Kasea to re-ask info about the KASEA Skyhawk 250 . I was told that the bike has 22 bhp and that is measured at the tire. They said the top speed is about 55 mpm in stock form.

If you would like to contact them as ask for yourself, here's their info:

Kasea Motorsports
6767 East Marginal Way S.
Seattle, WA 98108
Phone: (800) 600-9025
Fax: (206) 767-4862
e-mail: [email protected]

I'm not starting flame wars, selling bikes or plugging what I own (I don't own one). It's just that ther is little info available and I wanted to help dissplace incorrect info and/or rumors.

As a curuous note, they make an off-the-shlf 50cc MX racer which produces 12.8 hp a 11,000 rpm. [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] wow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 07:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Skyhark 250 HP spec and info

22HP is correct. Stock, mine will do 52MPH in 4th. It will do 65-70 stock. Add the Big Gun exhaust & air box vent kit & you're looking at 25-26 HP. I think it will be pretty easy to pull 33-35 HP out of this engine & still remain reliable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1016630-1250.jpg (58.0 KB, 26 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Nice ride, MW!

Definately gonna get one of these for my old lady. Yeah, thats it, for the old lady, yeah. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Got some more dirt on this machine.

I stand corrected. Kasea is using Honda Rebel motors, under a licensing agreement. This means the motor has some aftermarket support.

The frame is a Blaster copy, and the Blaster goodies bolt-on. This makes aftermarket upgrade a lot more easy to find.

Price makes it too good. Can't wait for the tax return to get here.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 08:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Skyhark 250 spec and info

Check out what the motor does in the Alpha Sports V-Twin! 28 hp!!! This thing should open a serious can of [email protected]$$ on those Blasters, Mojaves, Warriors, & 300ex's! Some for half the price! You want to make some bull-talkin' can't-know-how type cry???
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 10:20 PM

"""You want to make some bull-talkin' can't-know-how type cry???"""

seems to me, whatever you were asking if we wanted to make, you already made...so thank you for relieving me of the task of...how can't you know talkin bulls cry....or...what was it again??? [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2003, 01:38 PM

[img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] kasea topic again ay? i am not going to get into it, thanks for looking it up tho [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2003, 07:46 AM
Old Hand

Lol!, sounds like they sould get ahold of suzuki (if there using the v twin), or honda if there using the parallel twin and tell them how they can almost double the power output of an old street bike engine, while hardly changing anything! Did your step dad rejet it for you? Dude! my quad next man! Can he bolt on some yz powerbands for me too? Alright! I'll be hitting tripple digits in no time!

[img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2003, 09:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

OK, but remember you asked for the explanation. I'm going to try to oversimplify this. Think about it. The cam in the average 4-stroke was most likely designed for mid-range torque at lower rpm's(6000rpm's max). This usually translates into great low-end torque or an easy-to-ride vehicle because you don't have to search for gears all the time. You could also argue engine longevity. If you put a performance cam in it, you could increase the usable power in the upper rpm range and would have a significant boost in horsepower (usually a significant gain in upper-torque as well). How much more does it cost a company to put a performance cam in an engine versus your typical user-friendly cam when the only difference is the shape/angle of the lobes? I would think not very much. All of these engines are capable. It's just how are they built and for what purpose?

16lbs torque at 6000rpms = 18.3hp
16lbs torque at 8000rpms = 24.4hp

No increase in the power you feel (torque) but you can utilize gearing (You shift later, holding each gear longer.) This is why rpm's are so important for speed.

Now assume you can increase your upper range torque with the cam:
18lbs torque at 8000rpms = 27.4hp

There are a lot of 4-strokes turning 10,000 rpms nowdays and because horsepower is driven by rpm's, the potential is definately there. 28hp at 10000rpms is only 14.7 lbs of torque. Hope this helps.

Next week: Rocket Science 101

post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2003, 04:42 PM

but some engines are simply not capable of revving higher..the kasea 250 is a pushrod engine (im pretty sure at least [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] ) not the best for revs and power
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode