first quad - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2003, 08:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

first quad

Hello, I am new to the atv world and was considing purchasing a 2003 Yamaha Blaster as a fist atv.(you can't beat the price). Would this be a good starter? I know it will require more up keep since it is an 2 stroke, but that just gives me another engine to work on [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Any others to look at? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2003, 09:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: first quad

A blaster is a very small quad.I'f you are 6ft. or over, you probably wont want it.Your best bet would probably be a 4-stroke.I started on a 300ex.It was perfect for me at the time.Not too much power,but plenty to have fun with.They are also reasonably inexpensive to modify as your riding ability changes.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2003, 03:14 PM
tony1034

Check out the Kasea Skyhawk 250. It is only $2,800 brand new. It makes more horsepower than a 250 or 300ex. The suspension could be better, but you're looking for a beginner quad not a racer. Others on this forum have quoted a top-speed of 65-70mph (don't know how fast it gets there, but the one guy raced a 300ex and Blaster, both stock, and dusted them) You can't beat the price. Just a suggestion. [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Tony P.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2003, 03:22 PM

tony doont think that is possible [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img], check "which quad is best for me" and what i said and see if ya agree....other wise, like usually, what is your:hieght, weight expirence, do you work on engines alot?? i would suddgest the blaster or a used 300ex...cant go wrong there, 300ex is very realiable and modable
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2003, 10:11 PM
traxas_man_2006

[img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] I have the same problem with what quad to buy. I am leaning toward a blaster just because of the avaliblity of parts and accesorys. I am new at riding too but i really don't have the money for anything else. I can find blasters all over the place for cheap but i don't see 300ex's very often.
But also what i plan to do because i am almost 6ft and 190lbs, is ride the blaster for a while gain experience then move on to something bigger. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2003, 03:43 AM
Old Hand

lol look at the other two posts for your answer.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2003, 09:51 AM

texas man, the blaster would be way too small for ya bud, as well as the 30, they are both for people under 6 ft, and like 170 pounds, maybe a little more, either way, i would recomend, as long as you have the expirence a used 400ex, try looking in your local news paper, you mihgt jsut find something, becasue that quad will fit you well, another choice is the yamaha warrior, it also can suit u well and you can find those cheap becasue they go back into the mid 80's, if you were going to look for a warrior, look for maybe a 96' or 95 which should be about 2000 grand maybe 1800, good luck and ask if you need anything else, blasters and a lot of maitnence as well, go for the warrior or 400ex, very relable
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2003, 02:13 PM
Old Hand

copy cat [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-02-2003, 09:11 PM

for your first quad like Ian said 300ex's are great and very modable look at his! [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode