Lets all laugh at me, cause I am a freakin Idiot.. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 09:43 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Lets all laugh at me, cause I am a freakin Idiot..

On Saturday, I put in a new Pro-Flow filter adaptor, and Uni Filter into the Raptor, and all went well. When I was done I started up the Raptor to check it and all, and I hear this funny metal on metal sound, and i am instantly thinkin "that is never good"... So i turn it off and look around and cant find anything wrong, example - oil is good, coolant good, everything is tight, and all that good stuff. So I go inside and think about it, and the only thing that comes to mind, is maybe it is just because it is so freakin cold outside, like 10 degree's. So Sunday morning I get up and we got like 4" of snow, so I go to church and talk to a ridin buddy there, and we cant wait to get out and ride in the snow, so I get all dressed in ridin gear, and warm up the Raptor, and go flyin through the snow covered field, and i start to hear that noise again, but this time it is through my helmet, and it is louder, so I get to the woods, where the trees will block the wind some, and i start checkin it out again, oil, and all that stuff. and then I look.... "this is suspensful huh..." and there sitting on top of my aluminum skid plate is that famous 10mm open ended wrench... "If you have a Raptor you all know about the 10mm wrench, it is the bolt size for like everything on the Raptor" Ahhh what a surprise.. So i pulled the wrench out, and wanted to [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] myself. The noise was gone, and I felt like a moron... But at the end of the day I was happy that the noise was just a stupid wrench... So the moral of the story is life sucks if you cant laugh at your own mistakes. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 04:30 PM

Re: Lets all laugh at me, cause I am a freakin Idiot..

at least you have no problem with all of us laughing with you. Thats a good one....

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 06:17 PM

Good story. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 06:20 PM

thats alright its happened to me, and it feels so good that its not the quad [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 08:05 PM

lol, dude it's a good thing it wasn't actually coming from the engine... [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 10:52 PM

my brother did that on the 300ex once...except he left a wrench on the tie rod..which caused the steering to lock at at high speed and cause the bike to nail a tree..it was a pretty cool crash...shredded the front plastic, blew a shock, broke the header...fortunatly he bailed in time [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2003, 08:34 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I am glad i did not end up like that, hitting a tree or something... But thanks all for laughing with me... [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 12:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

LOL...thats funny king...I once was riding in the desert and my Raptor has a kill switch. After riding a while, I had to wizz pretty bad. I stopped the quad and jumped off to do my business. And since the tether is attached to my chest protector, it came with me. After I got back to the quad, I went to start it...nothing...wouldn't start. I got back off, pulled off the seat, checked the battery cables, the fuse, etc. Thought I'd check the spark plug, so I removed my helmet..and bingo!! Tether dangling on my chest!! I'm glad my friend wasn't there...live and learn!!! [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 06:07 AM
Old Hand

I've done stupid stuff like that lots of times. Pulling over my snowmobile forever not realizing the kill switch button on the handle bar is pushed down. Trying to kick over my 350x, again with the kill switch on. Taking off and realizing that you forgot to turn the gas on. I met a couple of riders from port huron and was showing them around the bull gap trail system. Me and a 400ex rider decided to trade quads for a while, and when I got on it, it wouldn't start, I'm like %$&*% something is wrong with your quad! He gets all excited, oh no! Then we realized the kill switch was off again. It happens to everyone sooner or later.

[img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2003, 05:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

LMAO nice dood..i did that when i bend the little prong that holds on my front a-arm skid, i think i did it right before my last oil change/valve adjustment..so..when i started things up i thought i'd seriously jacked it up cause it was rattling like an SOB and i couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was..pulled it all apart and rechecked the valves...finallt figured it out when a socket i knocked a socket off the tire on top of it..stooooooooopid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode