Scotsman asking about "PIPES" - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 04:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Scotsman asking about \"PIPES\"

hello again, and a "Happy New Year" to each and every one of you!
We have a Warrior, and I have been reading with interest what you all have to say, and you have been most helpfull to Quad virgin's like us, I'm now looking for a little more "Noise" from my machine? I want it to sound like it should, where we ride there are no regulations or do-good'ers,
can I just fit a pipe on it's own? without the dynojet kit?
or will this cause harm? I've done it to a few bike's in the past! they ran maybe a little rich but that aint to bad a thing?
and tyres? which one's are best for a mixture of Scottish Mud, Loose Gravel and Grass,and should I change the size of the tyres, we only ride for fun [thats what the others think]
Cheers again, Scottish Steve.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2003, 04:06 AM
Old Hand

Re: Scotsman asking about \"PIPES\"

Changing a pipe without changing the jetting should make it run lean. On a warrior you should be ok, but to get the most out of your pipe you should rejet.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2003, 07:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You might try the Big Gun pipe. They are very high quality pipes at usually less than the competition. As for tires, the Kenda Dominator gets great traction & lasts a long time as well. Size? 20X11X10 rear, 22X7X10 front. Plus the Kenda is less expensive than most while not sacrificing quality. You still will probably have to go up a size or two on your pilot & main jets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2003, 11:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Scottish Steve,
I have a 2002 Warrior that I have added an FMF MegaMax2 and a Pro-Design filter kit w/ UNI foam filter, full DG skids underneath, Renthal handle bars and a Renthal 14-tooth front sprocket, Maxxis RAZR 6-Ply front tires. I didn't rejet my card since the Warrior runs a lil rich from the factory and the FMF is tuneable with their disc system, plus i am using UNI's 2-stage foam filter which flows and cleans better yet doesn't overflow and lean out the machine.
I noticed a great deal of power increase and it has that deep 4-stroke thumper growl!RRRrr-RRRrrr!! [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]

I recommend this setup to anyone with a Warrior. The FMF comes with 12 discs, use them all. It also has a Silent Core if there are Do-Gooders or Regulations that limit sound output, but i didn't use it. I like it loud! The disc system also acts as a spark arrestor so you don't have to worry about lighting the Scottish countryside on fire.
As for rear tires theres a lot of choices, if you are in mud, snow, or sand... go with a tire that has trac-bars instead of knobbies. Bars clean out better, bite harder, and can float better in soft material. That's my next big change for mine. Looking at ITP Spider-Tracs, Maxxis Sur-Tracs, ITP Mud-Lites, GBC Dirt Devils, etc...
Good luck with yours and let me know what you decide on.
To see my Warrior go to PERFORMANCE ATV, and check out the Warrior Pipe post, I posted 2 pics of it. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2003, 04:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You Guy's have come up "Trumphs" again! Thanks,
Journeyman, "COOL" quad, I'll take your advise and spend some plastic this week-end,
happy riding,
Scottish Steve [Och Aye The Noo]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 02:42 PM

slip on t-4 or white bros or yoshi, no full system, the warrior's header is fine
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2003, 07:13 AM
Old Hand

The warriors header is fine, but that doesn't mean a full system won't net you a bigger gain. I still have my stock system, and when I got my full big gun system I compared the two. The big gun slowly gets larger as the bends go back. Having a one sized piece of pipe isn't as effective as having a tapered header. Pluss my head pipes ceramic coating helps draw heat out and lower the head temperature. And of coarse, it looks trick [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Everyone on here seems to think the results to the raptor and 400ex pipe shoot outs apply to all machines. How do you know unless you actually see it? On a warrior any pipe will net you a gain, lol just look at it. On that raptor pipe shootout there's really no way you could go wrong, all the pipes had huge gains. And the winners in peak hp had an unfair advantage, open lids. I'm willing to bet on almost any machine your gonna see a bigger peak hp number with a complete system compared to a slip on. Would it be worth the money on a stock motor, depends on your budget and who you are. Seems like everyone is happy with there warriors pipe performance including me. I know it was a huge gain in performance when I bolted that baby up. Pluss I love the way it sounds and looks. I run a big gun (complete) and recommend it. Here's a pic of my big gun, you'll have to excuse the dirt on my warrior though, she needs a bath.

[img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1001268-dirty warrior3.jpg (69.0 KB, 35 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode