Uni or Twin-Air - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
ATV Lounge Everything ATV - NOT defined in a specific forum below. Hang out with your friends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 11:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Uni or Twin-Air

Which Air filter is superior? or are they pretty similar. [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 11:54 AM
Old Hand

Re: Uni or Twin-Air

Flow comparisons proved that uni flows better. But did you fix that bogus air box on your machine yet with a pro flow [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] If not get the twin air system.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 12:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thats what I am trying to fix, Pro Design offers a billet adaptor plate with Uni Filter for $89.99, and Twin-Air offers one for $99.99, both available on Rocky Mountain ATV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2003, 03:58 AM
Old Hand

I'd get the sturdier billet pro design, have them both on my banshee and warrior. Run uni filters in my cr,dr,350x, and warrior. Pluss it's 10 bucks less. I think the twin air mounting system is just made out of cheap plastic. Pluss if you wanna go the k/n route, they have the size readily available to fit the pro design.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2003, 07:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks 96Warrior, I thought I had heard that Uni was better, and all, and that the pro design adaptor was better, but my local dealer "Yamaha of Troy", which most of you have probably heard of, said to use Twin-Air, I would say because that is what they sell, so thanks for the input. [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2003, 07:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

As far as the filters go, the Twin Air will stop more dirt, yet still flows well. Most of the MX & off-road factory teams use the TwinAir filters for that reason.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 02:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well I got the Pro Design Billet Adapter with a Uni Filter. We will see how install goes, and then I will let you know. [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 07:28 PM

[img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]honda yamaha of troy [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img] dealed with them in the past, and never again will i. ordered a pricey lonestar steering stem from them and they sent me a cheaper PRM unit at the same price! call them up and they were like oh we ran out of lonestars so we gave you this [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] not good policy in my opinion
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2003, 07:53 AM
Old Hand

Good choice, instalation is so easy, anyone can do it. Shouldn't take you more then 30 minutes. Just grease your o rings and just put little layer of grease around the adapter to be safe. Mark where your going to drill ahead of time because it goes through that plastic like nothing. And clean the entire box out while you have it off.

98 warrior, I would have told them to stick it in there butt and got my money back. Also my bro has an 88 250r. He want's some new plastic, but oem plastic is 800 bucks. How does the new maier plastic look? Do you still have to drill the holes? I didn't like the looks of it before so I bought ufo plastic instead for my cr. (You said you got new maier plastic for x mass).

[img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode