Off Roading Forums banner

Yamaha Service Manuals

1K views 24 replies 3 participants last post by  $maker 
G
#1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with Yamaha's Service Manuals? Are they worth the money? They are like $50 bucks. Or are there any other service manuals that you recommend? Thanks

See less See more
G
#2 ·
I bought the Service Manual for my 02' Banshee and it helped a little. Although i havent had to use it very much so far, when i go to rebuild the engine the first time it will come in handy. The pictures in it are dark and hard to make out, but yours is a newer model, so i t may have better pictures. I would say if you are a decent mechanic, and not doing to much, you wouldn't need it. If you plan to work on it and modify it, it is worth the money.
No matter what, you will still feel like this alot --->

Then after a good ranting you will feel like this --->

and head straight to the Dealer to do this ---->

#8 ·
I have clymers for almost all of my machines also, They are much better then the factory ones and should run you less then 30 bucks. I looked too, there aren't any for the raptor yet. Maybe since it's such a new machine. Good choice on the Pro flow, won't have to worry about the big thumper suckin in dirt through an unseated filter now. I asked you this a long time ago, How fast will your cobra run in a 1/4 mile?

G
#9 ·
Ummm on the Cobra, I have never raced it, it sits in the Garage like all year, and it is lucky to get 3,000 miles on it a year. But I have been told it will run mid-low 13's on a bad day, and with a couple bolt on's High 12's. So not the fastest thing in the world, but it is built with American pride, and is the only remaining muslce car.
Rice Burners

G
#10 ·
I got one of the CD manuals off ebay. The one I got is just like the book for a lot cheaper. I also got full parts diagrams and price lists with it all for $10. I think its alot better deal. You don't have to worry about the pages getting torn or dirty either.

G
#14 ·
Ya my insurance Sucks big ones... Especially since I have two cars, they dont seem to care that i only drive the cobra on perfect days in the summer... The new GTO is ugly, it looks like a foreign car because it is, all G.M. did was take a car that existed in Australia, and made it legal in the states, and put new badges on it, the front end looks just like every other pontiac, and looks nothing like the old GTO's, this is the crap that make me dislike G.M. they do crap like this all of the time, just like the new Silverado SS, it has taken them 10 years to come out with a production vehicle to compele with the F-150 Lightning, and it still will get destroyed, cause all they did is took the Escalade 6.0L and put it in a silverado, and add all wheel drive. That sucks. but anyway...
Chevy

#15 ·
I drive a full size 4x4 silverado. I love that thing, its just my dd though. Guess if you want a cool muscle car these days you should just go out and fix up an older one. Didn't know about the gto, that sucks. I always thought the older ones looked pretty cool. Ford is deffinently taking a forward step over chevy with the overhead cam design, while chevy just sticks with the old push rods. I'm not brand loyal, I just go by what the best deal is. I I think those yellow and black ford trucks with the fancey wheels looked pretty cool. It said boss 351 on the side emblems. Would be nice to have, but I don't see pulling 4 snowmobiles or quads with that. Maybe some day if I win the lottery.

G
#16 ·
Ya I am not against chevy either, but man you are right about ford taking a step forward, I mean who else makes a naturally aspirated motor that makes more HP than it has Cubic Inches... Mine is a 281 and makes 305HP I think that is very impressive...

#18 ·
I'm only 21 I work at a tool and die shop. They have a web sight, don't know if I wanna post it though. I work with esprit, esprit 2002, expert cad, expert cad 3d expert cad and cam. And we just got a new cam tool programm. Its nothing really that difficult, just learning the icons and commands, then its pretty much point and click, sit and watch. I'll pm the sight, if you want but I'm not gonna post it.

#25 ·
I knew someone who had 35 acres of land that had some nice hills and wide open to ride. they used it for the cows and horse so they didnt care what you did on the land. It would have been awesome. It was in Covington, about 5 minutes from the center of town.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.